Borders around everything

Reaction score
Hi
I've got these weird borders around every window, it's not a huge discomfort but still pisses me off.
MacBook Pro Mid 2009
Running Mojave on an unsupported Mac
The new software is running flawlessly, no errors, everything just works, the only thing I hate about it is the borders I'm getting.
Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 1.27.23 pm.png
Looking forward for you replies.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
There's one word in your post that is likely to preclude any earnest replies, other than one closing this thread.

OP
M
Reaction score
Is it the "illegally" word ?

Last edited by a moderator:

krs

Reaction score
I don't think trying to run Apple software on an "unsupported" Mac is actually 'illegal'

If I glance through the Apple software EULA, it keeps mentioning using the software with an "Apple-branded" computer.

The section about hardware compatibility states:
D. System Requirements; Apple ID. Please note that the Apple Software is supported on only Apple-branded hardware that meets specified system requirements as indicated by Apple.

This basically means if you run the software on "un-supported" Apple-branded hardware and if you run into problems, you're on your own.

Having said that, I don't think any member in this forum can help you even if they wanted to since we don't know what 'hack' you used to get the software installed on an unsupported Mac. I think any advice would just be a stab in the dark.

Maybe the unwanted border is a side effect of the 'hack' that was used.
I think your best bet to figure out what is going on, and maybe remove the border, is to contact the people/place where the 'hack' came from.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.5 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Is it the "illegally" word ?

Yes, I guess it was; but as Admin pigoo3 said (rather edited), you really meant that you installed macOS Mojave on an "unsupported" Mac. You do that at your own risk which is mentioned on the patch sites that offer this facility.

I can't offer a solution, but as everything else is "working flawlessly", perhaps you could learn to live with this minor irritation?

Ian

I hadn't seen the post by krs when I posted. I think we said the sane thing in different ways.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.