Bootcamp - Windows Mouse/Keyboard Problem

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have had Windows 7 installed on my new Mac. I was having difficulty with external hard drives. I read on a forum to in Windows uninstall all USB drivers and then they would be reinstalled and fix my external hard drive problems. Unfortunately I think I uninstalled the drivers that make the trackpad and keyboard work in Windows on my Mac. Now when I start in Windows I can't shift the mouse or use the keyboard. How do I fix this?

Details
MacBook Pro
Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB
Serial Number C2QN7030FH00
Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)
Using Windows 7 on Bootcamp
(attached image is the driver I think I uninstalled from memory)

Thank you in advance for your help.

P.s. If you have any advice about using external hard drives on my mac using Windows in Bootcamp, that would be appreciated too!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unfortunately I think I uninstalled the drivers that make the trackpad and keyboard work in Windows on my Mac. Now when I start in Windows I can't shift the mouse or use the keyboard. How do I fix this?

Reinstall the drivers you downloaded from Apple when you were setting up Boot Camp. You should still have them saved on a flash drive, do you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And if no joy open BootCamp Assistant again and download and burn to a thumb drive. Avoid suggestions in Windows forums when using BootCamp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.