bootcamp wifi driver not working

Reaction score
the machine is a MacBook air1466

bootcamp wifi driver not working

hi all

this is my first post and I have to tell you im a mac novice, hopefully someone can help.

I have a customers machine that has chinese windows home basic 7 sp1 64bit installed, he has bootcamp on the desktop, which has had the wifi driver run from the setup.exe, I have also tried to manually launching on broadcomwirelesswin7x64 exe in the drivers folder, normally and as administrator

it goes through the install ok, but when I check device manager there is a yellow triangle next to Broadcom 802.11ac network adapter #2

not sure why its saying adapter 2, but there is a Bluetooth adapter above it which also has a yellow triangle and another above that which doesn't.

I have tried to uninstall both, the top one uninstalls fine the one with the triangle stays there. in the programs list there are a couple of items that have the word Bluetooth amongst the Chinese, and have uninstalled them, but the Bluetooth driver in device manager persists, when I restart they both come back, not sure if the Bluetooth devices are relevant, but thought Id better mention it anyway.

also I have tried two other Broadcom wifi drivers
ver 5100578
ver 63022375 without success

anyone have any advice?

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to obtain drivers from Apple not Broadcom. Apple has specific drivers for their hardware which are included with the version of Boot Camp that is required for that MacBook Air. Since he has Windows 7 SP1 x 64 bit, then you will need the 64 bit drivers for WiFi, Bluetooth, Sound, Video, and so forth. They should all be included with the Boot Camp download.

OP
D
Reaction score
hi, thanks for your reply,

the Broadcom driver is the one in the bootcamp/drivers folder, its the one that's supplied by apple, that's why im stuck, cheers

Reaction score
It sounds like the drivers are conflicting with each other. or there might be a microsoft driver that's better and works better for the wifi card

OP
D
Reaction score
ive checked the hardware i.d of the wifi card, its ven 14e4, which is Broadcom, dev i.d is 43a0 rev 3, ive checked the Broadcom site, but they only seem to have Ethernet drivers there, ive also googled it but cant find a match, am I missing something?

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As I stated in a previous reply, you need to download the correct version of Boot Camp for your MacBook Air. You need the 64 bit drivers since you're using Windows 7 x 64 bit.

Go to the Apple Boot Camp support page which also has a link for downloads. Don't worry about downloading an incorrect version as only the version for your MacBook Air will be applied.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.