Bootcamp Verification failed, LONG list of problems

Reaction score
So, I managed to get a macbook pro as a hand-me-down laptop(Gee, aren't I lucky? At least, that's what I thought)
So, a week ago, I had the idea to install Windows on my Mac to run games I couldn't off Parallels. I pop in an install disc only to have it be spit, then realize my optical drive is fried. I go down to the Mac store, fork out 250$, and get it replaced.
I go back home, and then get to the running of bootcamp.
Verification Failed, please use disc utility to repair.
I then do that, but that doesn't work either.
I checked on these forums by googling the problem, and find that I just have to put my install disc in and run disc utilities off of that.
I press C while starting the Mac up, it just spits the disc right out
Then, I figure out the disc is from Tiger, not Leapord, further adding to my problems and frustration.
The last thing I want to do is fork out more money for an external hard drive and reformat this one. Any other suggestions?
Many thanks to all suggestions
sorry, wrong section >.>
Can an admin move this to the right section, please?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How did you intend to use Boot Camp with a Tiger disk? Any Boot Camp version prior to the release of Leopard has long since expired. It wouldn't have worked anyway. You need to upgrade your OS X to either Leopard or Snow Leopard.

As for running Disk Utility, hold down the Option key while booting from the Tiger install disk. After it boots run Disk Utility verify and repair. If the drive can't be repaired, that means you probably need a new hard drive.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sounds like he's got Leopard installed but a Tiger disc.

Does the person who gave you the mac have the Leopard disc they used?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If you're going to fork out dollars, to make it minimal, get yourself Snow Leopard (around $30).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.