Boot Camp Error W10 - Black Screen

Reaction score
Hi.

i had a windows partition (windows 10) on my MBP. i deleted it because i needed a bigger storage. i used the boot camp assistant to delete the windows partition. so far so god.

after i followed all the steps of the boot camp assistant to reinstall windows on a bigger partition my MBP restarted and a black screen with a flashing underline in the top left corner appeared. nothing happened for a long time so i shut it down an restarted it. after pressing alt i used "efi boot" to boot windows. now the installation screen loaded. after i formatted the prepared partition i always got this error message:

"Windows cannot be installed.The selected disk has an MBR partition table.On EFI systems windows can only be installed to gpt disk"

i tried it about 10 times. also used different usb flash drives (first with usb 3.0, but then with usb 2.0 because i read it only works with them but stilll the same problem). i don't know what else i should try.

has/had anybody the same problem or does somebody know how to deal with this problem?

my MBP specs:

mid 2012, 13"
2,5 ghz intel core i5
250gb ssd (start volume; on which i try to install windows)
500gb hdd

thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
After removing the partiton, it may have been necessary to go into Disk Utility > Partition and drag the partitions to make a single partition the size of the hard drive, and then start again. Removing the partition via BootCamp does not reclaim the space to make one partition automatically.

OP
R
Reaction score
After removing the partiton, it may have been necessary to go into Disk Utility > Partition and drag the partitions to make a single partition the size of the hard drive, and then start again.

i checked disk utility but there's just one partition (mac). at "child count" there are counted 3 but that are invisible partitions (system partition, recovery, efi boot), right?

this is how the disk looks in disk utility:
Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-14 um 08.02.41 2.png

there's also the information that i can't remove the first volume on this disk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
All looks well.

Last edited:
OP
R
Reaction score
All looks well.

i can't find a rectangular box under disk utility > partition. there's only the circle i posted above.

do you mean this view:
DLPartitionYosemite-57880ce15f9b584d20e4de36.jpg
i'm using macOS sierra and i think they changed the design in this menu.

or do you mean this view?
Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-14 um 09.58.13.png

sorry if i am misunderstanding your post but i cant find any rectangular graphic under "partition"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.