Boot Camp and Windows

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new user here and came to ask a few questions.

I am running Mac OSX 10.4.11 on a 2006 iMac. I would, however, like to install Windows 7 as most of my favorite games (like Sonic Generations) are not supported on Mac. I am looking for one of a few things.

(1) Boot Camp for OSX Tiger
I have Tiger, and cannot update my OS. I would like someone to possibly give me the Beta for OSX 10.4.11 and tell me how to set my time right to use it. I love games and gaming and would love to see my favorite game run on my iMac as it can run games like Minecraft at around 150 frames per second and could hopefully get a sturdy 30 frames with Sonic Generations (it's a pretty needy game, let me tell ya). If you have the Tiger beta and could send it to me let me know! (Note: The Soft32 installer and stuff doesn't work so please don't send that to me! I've already tried.)

(B) Daemon Tools (or the equivalent) for OSX TIger
Is there a Daemon Tools for Tiger? I would like a tool that achieves the same purpose. Please note it would need to be able to boot from an ISO to install Windows 7 and run on OSX 10.4.11.

(C) Anything else that installs Windows 7
If you can find an app for me that (A) can install Windows 7 via an ISO over OSX 10.4.11 and (B) Run on Tiger, let me know! I am desperate to get this outdated nonsense out of my computer! Thank you!

-MarioMover

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Boot Camp is not supported with Tiger and the beta has expired long ago. And even if you could upgrade to Leopard and use the included Boot Camp, you still could not install Windows 7 as it is not supported with that version of Boot Camp.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you for informing me about the Bootcamp issue.

Now is there a way to get rid of OSX and replace it with Windows 7 on an ISO? Like a tool similar to Daemon? I want to run Sonic Generations on my computer. (Or how to get Wine to work?) Thank you!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I doubt "Sonic Generations" is going to run with WINE or even with something like CrossOver. It needs graphics acceleration to run. You're going to need a later model iMac with Boot Camp or a Windows PC to run it. There's no way you can load Windows 7 on your 2006 iMac even if you got rid of Tiger. There are no Windows drivers available for your model iMac that would allow running Windows 7.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.