Boot Camp and iTunes

Reaction score
My question is can I share one external Hard drive with my boot camp partition of Vista and OS X. What I want is for all my music to load up on both OS's so that when i save a playlist in OS X it will be there in Vista and vice versa. Right now I have my Lacie 250 GB formatted as a FAT32. I just think its a pain for me to re add my music everytime i get something new, but mostly i want it to save my playlists so that when i boot up in vista or mac i'll have the same playlists without having to create 2 different playlists. I hope my question makes some sense, I've done some research on this site and all i can find is how to move my PC itunes to Mac, but i just want to share my external HD with both OS's and keep my playlists after booting. Thank you in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I don't know why it wouldn't. Since both systems will never access the iTunes DB at the same time it should work fine.

OP
C
Reaction score
how do i save my iTunes data file which contains from my understanding my playlist data, because what i did was I found that data file in OS X under coed234/music/itunes and copied the file and replaced it with my itunes data file in vista located at User\Music\Itunes (i think thats the file location) but when i loaded itunes under vista, all the links were dead, but it had the correct songs from OS X and it had all the playlists from OS X as well, so i don't know what to do after that. Thank you for your reply

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.