Bluetooth adapter for TV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
I use my LG TVs digital output...to an adapter that has output female RCA plugs...to connect to the male RCA plugs on the base of my Sennheiser wireless headphones. I did have the output off of my cable box, but when streaming I had no sound so... My so called "smart" LG TV does not have bluetooth. I have a Sennheiser bluetooth headphones and iPods. Is there a device that I can pair with my optical output to give me bluetooth capability, so I could use my Bluetooth headphones or iPods when watching TV? I depend on my Wi-Fi headphones as at 77, my hearing is very bad. Pete

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you have the TV output configured the way you have, I don't believe it should matter if you are watching cable or streaming, the TV should still output it's sound the same way.

LG does have devices you can attach to the TV to allow it to talk to other LG devices like soundbars and so on. It isn't a generic BT solution that you can use to pair up any set of headphones. In most cases, TVs come with what they come with from a hardware perspective.

I'd be curious to debug why streaming doesn't have audio in your current setup and fix that issue.

Could you tell us a little bit more about the specific LG TV and Sennheiser headphone set you have?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TV: LG OLED 65E7P-U.
Maybe my original post was not clear so let me say that my current setup works fine. I can hear streaming channels as well as my cable TV channels fine. This I receive via the Digital Audio Output from my TV. Since my Sennheiser WI-Fi headphone have RCA input plugs, I use an adapter to change the Digital output to RCA plugs.
Before I set it up that way, My WI-Fi headphone was connected to my cable box, When I started streaming, the cable box output could not play the streamed channels as they did not go through the cable box, so I shifted to my current setup.
I also have a Sennheiser bluetooth headphone and AirPods. What I would like to do, if possible, is to get an adapter or device that can turn my Digital Audio Output ( or HDMI output) to a Bluetooth signal so I could then pair with my AirPods or Bluetooth headphone. This would be another way to listen to TV audio.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, Think I've solved my question. Googled Bluetooth adapter and ordered this from Amazon. Should get it tomorrow: 1Mii B03 Long Range Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver for TV Home Stereo BT Headphones, aptX Low Latency Bluetooth Audio Adapter, Splitter for Wired & Wireless, Optical RCA AUX 3.5mm [Upgraded] from Amazon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.