Blu-ray #EDC Blu-ray player TV vs playable in VLC

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently downloaded DVDFab software to burn my own videos to a menu driven Blu-ray disc.

It did recognize my Buffalo drive as Blu-ray and the inserted disc as 25GB, but when I started the burn, it kept looking for media in Drive A. This is a Mac version of the software.
Several emails to DVDFab with no luck, so far.

So, created an ISO file which I burned using the Mac utility to burn disc image.

However, the disc label was appended with _#1EDC and wouldn't play using either of my Blu-ray players with my Smart TV.

But, I can access the DVD and play it [apparently without menus] on my iMac using VLC.

There was no place to tell DVDFab to protect the ISO file. Again, no real help from DVDFab.

My question is, why will VLC play it on my iMac but the Blu-ray players will not play on my TV?

Thank you

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I haven't used that piece of software personally but it's possible that the disc was burned as a data disc and not in the DVD format that regiular DVD and Blu-Ray playrres expect. If you open the disc in Finder wnat files/folders do you see.

OP
A
Reaction score
It was the ISO created from the software when it wouldn't burn to disc.

Just shows BDMV and a Certificate folder.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I recently downloaded DVDFab software to burn my own videos to a menu driven Blu-ray disc.

First, welcome to our forums.

As DVDFab is in realty a commercial DVD copier (among other things), the use of it violates the DMCA law here in the US. There are many Pros and Cons regarding the DMCA law and it does not matter if we agree or disagree with your or anyone's right to make a copy of their personal purchased movie or video, we are not allowed to discuss that aspect of it.

Please don't misunderstand.. we are not accusing you of piracy or anything of the sort but just needed to remind you about what this particular software does legally and illegally.

We will be happy to assist you with the use of this software for creating your own DVDs, BlueRays, or videos.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for your input.

Please let me make this clear. These are my own personal videos that I recorded on my own personal camcorder of my husband's bands.
These are not purchased videos in any way shape or form.

One of the members has passed and they are doing a memorial jam session in his honor.
I have several videos of the bands that the guys want. I am obliging our friends.

I am aware of the software's other capabilities. I don't copy purchased videos. I take my own videos.

Thank you,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
All understood. As stated above, we are certainly not saying that your intension is to use the software illegally. But our forum guidelines and rules require that we remind users of this type of software and its possible uses.

Thanks for understanding.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.