Block Junk Mail from returning

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina iMac Late 2014, 4GHz I7, 4GB graphics, 16GB Ram, iPhone 5S, 17" Dell Laptop
Hi Everyone, I was wondering how to block the mail I have already marked as junk from returning time after time. I have Yosemite, and the Mac Mail version is 8.1. My IP uses a POP system. Thanks

Reaction score
If you are having regular spams then get in touch with your internet provider with a list of the regular spammers full address RAW emails. As they can block from their end effectively better on the servers.

M

MacInWin

Or you can use a service like Pobox.com that gives you an alias address, spam filters incoming and then forwards non-spam to your real email address. I've been with them for years (at US$15/year) and they have been magnificent at filtering out spam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mIni *2013 macbook air *2011-itouch G4 32 gb (new repair projects:iMac G4 2002* imac g5 2007*
I have 24 rules set on my mail.
that cost noting and really works!

M

MacInWin

I have 24 rules set on my mail.
that cost noting and really works!
Yep, but the difference is that you are processing them after receiving them but a filter at the email provider (or forwarder like Pobox) doesn't take up your bandwidth and time to receive them. It makes a difference if you want it blocked for your iPhone as well as your Mac.

But the rules approach is pretty good, if you get a majority of your spam with something you can write a rule for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.