best way to share family album

Reaction score
I have a mac and iPad. Hubby has pc, iPhone and iPad.
I would like for all of our photos to be in one place, accessible on our devices. But I hate photos OS X. hate it. hate it.
I don't think that would sync to his pc anyway.
I am playing around with lightroom. so far I like it.
i was thinking that I could make a lightroom catalog, but that would have to live on the drive in my pc. He wouldn't be able to open up that same catalog on his computer, unless. maybe if I stored catalog on my dropbox folder that we share?

I don't know why I can't figure this out. I feel dumb :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can store your photos in the cloud. Choose a cloud service that accommodates both Mac OS X and Windows. (All of them do) Google, OneDrive, etc. You didn't say what the size of your photo library is so it's possible that you may have to pay for storage space in the cloud if you exceed any free amounts. If you do decide to go that way, make sure you have a backup of all your photos stored elsewhere such as an external hard drive.

Reaction score
Hi, actually, two ways come up to my mind:
1. You can use a Cloud manager to manage all cloud accounts in one place, yours and his, so you won't have to share your Cloud with him.

2.You can use Flickr, Imgur to save the images if you are fine to share with public. After uploading, you can get back image links immediately, thus, anyone can see them any time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.