Best method for 1 off transfer from Crucial SSD and Seagate HDD to 2021 Macbook Pro

Dodgyrog

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time poster and appreciate any help. My MBP 2011 finally died and I had to quickly get a 2021 MBP which has Thunderbolt 4 ports.

Need to transfer some data from the 2 drives in my old MBP to the new MBP.

During a previous upgrade long ago I had installed a Crucial MX200 2.5 SSD as the main system drive and switched the original system drive - a Seagate Momentus 5400.6 500GB HDD - to being a slave drive using a "TheNatural2020" caddy.

I'm handy with a screwdriver but have got well behind on connectors / adapters and I am already boggled with the amount of adapter cables / devices, Thunderbolt 3 / 4, USB A....B...C....D.....E.... compatibility stuff :giggle:

I'm just looking to do a one off transfer of some of the data from both drives so reliability (and low cost) is more important than speed and would greatly appreciate any suggestions for adapter leads / caddies / methods that will do the job. The old MBP won't boot at all so have already removed the drives.

Many thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.