Best Free Apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
We don't seem to have eBay... Just paypal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
What do you guys mean? USA IS the world! ;)

I like the Myspace App. Of course!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
I downloaded almost all of them figuring I could check it out and than delete what I don't like. That way I don't miss anything good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
You gotta add Shazam into that list. Phenomenal program, IMO.

x2! I had Box Office and Movies apps both, tried them out and wound up sticking w/ Movies. It just seems a little easier and to-the-point for me.

Reaction score
I love the Facebook app - sure its not perfect but its great being able to do Facebook Chat anywhere!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It should be as easy as connecting your ipod/iphone by cable to the pc, starting the remote app and entering the 4 digit number into itunes when prompted.

I'll try with my ipod touch later and let you know what happens.

Reaction score
what about MSN app?

I was looking for an MSN messenger app, but I can't find it, probably because it doesn't excist (yet). Is there a good replacement app that I could use for my msn contacts/chats?

André

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
It should be as easy as connecting your ipod/iphone by cable to the pc, starting the remote app and entering the 4 digit number into itunes when prompted.
In fact I didn't even need to connect the phone as long as it's on the same wifi network the iTunes library is. Same goes for AppleTV.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
I was looking for an MSN messenger app, but I can't find it, probably because it doesn't excist (yet). Is there a good replacement app that I could use for my msn contacts/chats?

André

I got the AIM app but was looking for something like Adium on my MBP, something that will serve as one messenger app for my AIM, Yahoo, and MSN friends list. Nothing out there yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I got the AIM app but was looking for something like Adium on my MBP, something that will serve as one messenger app for my AIM, Yahoo, and MSN friends list. Nothing out there yet?
Not that I could find, but it's definitely on my radar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
pandora is what you should all get it is free and you can listen to any song on there.. no need to buy more songs off itunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz MacBook (4Gb RAM) + Dual 3.2 Xeon MacPro (16Gb RAM) + iPod Touch 32Gb
Remote is great when my other half is using my Mac and listening to her "music" and I decide she needs to listen to something else. :Mischievous: ...She has no idea...

Local Picks and Box Office were USA based, which was a shame, but shows a lot of potential. I hope the developer's can get their hands on the information for the rest of the world to make the app international.

eReader and Facebook both work well, and as you'd expect them to. Break by Jirbo is a good free bat and ball time killing game.

Aurora Feint really surprised me with one of a well developed free game. It takes a bit of time to get your head around it, but is a great freebie.

Many of the apps are iPhone "friendly" and need the speaker to run best. I'm using a Touch so not all are relevant to me. More are appearing every day!

Well worth the update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Bible, the free Bible app is pretty awesome. Like every English translation ever, and three Spanish translations. Works very smoothly as well.

iPint is amazing in a zero brain cells kind of way; it's this game where you ARE a pint of beer, and you're trying to slide across the bar to the hand that belongs to your drinker. Here's the cool part: at the end of it, it pours you a virtual glass of beer which behaves like real-live liquid; the surfaces wobbles, and you can even pour it out a little bit at a time. It's incredibly stupid, but a fun showcase of the iPhone's graphics and motion sensor capabilities. If JD and Turk from Scrubs made an iPhone/iTouch app, this would be it.

I second (or third) BoxOffice. It has Rotten Tomatoes ratings for every movie; just incredibly useful. Frankly I like using BoxOffice better than Fandango, MovieTickets.com, or any of the other related websites on my full-sized computer. It even has the indie-theaters covered!

NYTimes is good too, but it's a bit on the slow side, and I wish they'd use sans serif fonts.

I'm actually somewhat dissatisfied with the Facebook app, though; you can't search for or add new friends. I'd like to have a version where I'll never have to go on my computer again if I don't want to, because I really try to spend as little time on Facebook as possible.

Reaction score

I'll try with my ipod touch later and let you know what happens.

Okay, so I have too plug my Touch, start the app on the Touch and iTunes should ask for a code ? Doesn't happen at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

I would THRILLED if there were an Adium iPhone version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
pandora is what you should all get it is free and you can listen to any song on there.. no need to buy more songs off itunes

Yes. Awesome app!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.