Best apps utilities and extensions

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Today as I was trawling the web I came across this site; http://www.labnol.org/software/essential-mac-utilities/9479/
This is not an unusual topic for web pages but this was although a little dated a pretty comprehensive list. I came away with Infinit, Fluid, CheatSheet and a extension called No Sleep. This last is of particular use to me at the moment living as I am in a house under renovation.
Sometimes I am downloading an app or a torrent file and I can’t close the lid on my MBP so i have resorted to placing a tea towel over it but the insidious dust still gets in. I am vacuuming the keyboard 3-4 times a week but it’s still a pain. This extension allows me to close the lid and continue the download. Obviously i would not want to run a CPU intensive program because of the heat but for Apple TV and web downloads it is ideal. I also used Fluid to create an application out of this site which now resides on my dock, just like the MacForums app on my iPhone. I dearly wish there was such an app for the iPhone as well. On my Old Nokia Windows phone I used to be able to pin web sites as icons to the home page.
I hope everyone has a browse through these apps, as stated some will not be compatible with El Capitan for reasons like SIP but worth a look.:Blushing:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.