Best 4k display for my new Mac Pro

Reaction score
I just bought a Mac Pro with 6-core and I want a 4K display for that.

I was gonna buy the Dell UP3214Q, but then I'm reading that people has issues with the display turning off when it's running 60hz. And the people at Dell tells that it's only testet for PC even though it's listed on apple's site.

So what is the best 4K display for my mac pro without having any lagging issues or other problems.

I have to say that I'm working with professional video editing, so I need a display with color correction for that.

my budget is around 1600 USD.

I really hope that some of you can help me, cause I have search through google for days now.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I really hope that some of you can help me, cause I have search through google for days now.

I know that you mentioned having searched Google for days now…but did you do a search for "Best 4k Display's"?…and did you read these:

The Best 4K Monitor (doesn’t exist yet) | The Wirecutter
Mac Pro monitor review: The best 4K & UHD monitors for Mac | 9to5Mac
4k Monitor - Reviews of Best 4k Computer Monitors & Displays
Should You Buy a 4K Computer Monitor?

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes I have read those, and I have seen a lot good reviews for the Dell display. But it concerns me that a lot are having problems with running 60 hz after some time.

I am fully aware of that 4k might not be fully developed yet, that's why I won't spend more than 1600 USD on a display. I really wish that Apple had made a better display now than the thunderbolt they have now. Cause that display is not very good for video editing because of it's color correction.

I just got my mac pro today, and right now I don't have a display for it. So I'm looking for a 4K display with 60 hz that most mac users has the best success with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.