Bento on my Mac OSX 10.7.5

Reaction score
I love my Bento for my client base, I do not want to lose it. If I do updates on my Mac OS X 10.7.5, will I have problems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I love my Bento for my client base, I do not want to lose it. If I do updates on my Mac OS X 10.7.5, will I have problems?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Please provide information: 1) What Mac model/year do you use; ) Mac OS is the one above - what version do you want to upgrade to; and 3) What version of Bento for OS X do you currently own?

As you likely know FileMaker no longer upgrades Bento (and probably does not offer support) for Mac OS X & iOS. From the previous link, see the chart below - if you have Bento version 4.1.x (and your computer is capable - hence the need for us to know that information), then looks like you can go to OS X 10.8.x. If you have an earlier version of Bento, then you would have to check w/ their website to see if the last one is even available for a download. Good luck - Dave

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 2.22.35 PM.png

OP
N
Reaction score
Bento on my Mac

Thanks Dave for the chart,
My Mac is a 2009 MacBookPro 5,4, it system is Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5
My Bento 4 is version 4.1.2
According to the chart I can upgrade to OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion
What do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Thanks Dave for the chart,
My Mac is a 2009 MacBookPro 5,4, it system is Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5
My Bento 4 is version 4.1.2
According to the chart I can upgrade to OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion
What do you think?

Thanks for the information - below the computer specs needed for Mountain Lion (Source).

Looks OK - just make sure you have enough 'free' storage - assume you have at least 2 GB RAM (you likely have 4 GB RAM checking HERE). Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 5.45.32 PM.png

C

chas_m

Mountain Lion (10.8) -- significant improvement over 10.7.x, so I would say you should go for it.

Bento is a lost cause however, and what you really should be doing is migrating that information to a supported platform/app before you run into trouble.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.