Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
While the thread discussion name is Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones, I'm thinking perhaps it's an O/S issue. So here goes.

Just bought a brand new Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphone today. It bluetooth-synched perfectly with my iPhone14 that has IOS of 16.5. (Up to date)

I have an iPhone6 that I use for music when I workout at the gym. The iPhone6 is nice and thin and fits comfortably in the t-shirt front pocket. The iPhone14 does not. The iPhone6 has O/S 12.5.7. (Up to date)

The iPhone6 will not bluetooth-synch with the new headset. Tried, tried and tried several more times. The iPhone6 simply does not recognize the headset. However the iPhone6 recognizes and plays on five other devices: 3 different Apple AirPods, a Bose Portable speaker and a MEGABOOM 3 speaker.

So why won't the iPhone 6 see and synch to the new Beats headphones?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I'm guessing, but it could be hardware limitations on the version of BT supported. Maybe check the version specs for the phone and Beats. If it's hardware, it's simply not going to work.

EDIT: I was curious so I looked it up.

iPhone 6 is BT 4.2

Beats Studio3 is BT 4.0.

I would expect the iPhone to be backward compatible to 4.0, so that is unlikely to be the issue. Sorry.

Last edited:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
As usual, Ashwin beat me to it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
How many devices cane the Beats sync with? Maybe un pair them with the every device (from the device bluetooth settings) to test by syncing first to the iPhone 6?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
How many devices cane the Beats sync with? Maybe un pair them with the every device (from the device bluetooth settings) to test by syncing first to the iPhone 6?
When I tried your idea, a warning came up "Removing . . . . . from this device will removed it from all devices in your iCloud account."

Not sure this is what i want to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
When I tried your idea, a warning came up "Removing . . . . . from this device will removed it from all devices in your iCloud account."

Not sure this is what i want to do.
It will remove the bluetooth sync from all the Apple/Mac devices you are logged into, that's all. After you test, either way, you can resync them with your iPhone, then iCloud will sync all your devices again.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
A little more info that may or may not be useful.

With both phones on and in the Bluetooth area of settings, when I press the Beats button for synching, the headphones show up for the iPhone14, but not the iPhone6.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
It will remove the bluetooth sync from all the Apple/Mac devices you are logged into, that's all. After you test, either way, you can resync them with your iPhone, then iCloud will sync all your devices again.
OK. All deleted as you suggested. Was able to resynch to iPhone14, but again nothing for the iPhone6.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's too bad that didn't work.

Have you tried shutting down the iPhone 6 for a few minutes, then turning it back on?

Or, maybe try again, except this time have the iPhone 14 powered off and any other Apple device you are nearby and logged into?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
It's too bad that didn't work.

Have you tried shutting down the iPhone 6 for a few minutes, then turning it back on?

Or, maybe try again, except this time have the iPhone 14 powered off and any other Apple device you are nearby and logged into?
Tried - no luck.

Thinking about doing a full reformat and reloading. Doesn't take long and I have all of my music saved externally. Only thinking of this as nothing else seems to work.

FWIW, I removed the SIM card from the iPhone6 so it doesn't function as a cell phone, done at the recommendation of something I read on the internet. I wanted the unit only for music. Could this be something to consider?

FWIW, I found my old iPod. Blew some dust off and it connected to the headphones with no problem. Same software version as the iPhone6 - ios 12.5.7

Last edited:
OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
So, after "playing around" a little this morning I tried holding the headphone power button (unit was on) and after about 10+ seconds it synched!

Is it because I held the button longer that stated in the articles I read or just that it's Father's Day?

Whatever.

Thanks very much to those who offered your assistance. IMO, this forum is one of the most helpful sites I've ever used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cool. I was just about to reply to your previous post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.