Battery doesn't charge after Trackpad replacement.

Reaction score
I just replaced the Trackpad on an A1425 and and after assembling it I found out it wouldn't turn on so I connected the power supply. As soon as the MagSafe got connected the indicator light turned green, then amber after a second and the unit booted up without me having to press the power button. On the login screen the battery percentage indicates 1%. Once I logon, the percentage says 0% and "Replace now". I've tried resetting the SMC and NVRAM multiple times and disconnecting the battery connector and taking the Interposer out and putting it back in and connecting the battery connector without any luck.
It is worth noting that the unit got exposed to minor liquid spill, specifically cough syrup. Not aware of the quantity but few of the keyboard buttons are a little sticky but when I started working on the unit, everything worked fine except for the Trackpad, which seemed to occasionally seize to operate. Also there are no visible traces of liquid damage on the logic board itself (considering cough syrup should leave visible trace)
Anything I might be missing here ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Anything I might be missing here ?

Yes. With a past spill, all bets are off. Chances are some of the cough syrup dripped down on to the logic board which is directly under the keyboard and trackpad. Possibly enough to do damage that has now showed up. Happens all the time with spills. You can read thru our long and lengthy thread about spills at the top of the MacBook and MacBook Pro forum.

OP
A
Reaction score
@chascag

Thank you for your prompt reply. I'll make sure to read through that thread. Actually the unit was taken in for inspection at an Apple Certified workshop here in Iceland a logic board was recommended. The owner decided to try his luck and ordered a Trackpad online and had me replace it. Just kind of sucks that the battery was functioning normally before I replaced the Trackpad (with occasional disruption of functionality of the Trackpad). Anyways I've encountered similar problems in the past but I guess I just wanted to try my luck if someone might had encountered similar issue since Google didn't help me this time :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.