• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Barack Obama is in Michigan! THE TIME FOR CHANGE IS NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
As someone in this forum said previously, in another thread: I use a Mac - my wife doesn't do computers. Since she is the wife of a computer lover does that give her experience?? She was only the first lady - that is not experience. She has never run a company, a city, a state, etc. Being a Senator means she discussed and voted on bills. That is the legislative branch - we are talking about electing someone to the Executive Branch - a different set of qualifications. She does seem to have some "experience" in dodging sniper fire............:D :D .......and other tall tales.
EXACTLY.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Well I'm backing Obama, but really any candidate that doesn't have an agenda with going to war with Iran, cause if they go to war with them, I'll probably end up fighting for them, against the US. (I'm Persian and have LOTS of family there)

And I highly doubt that there will be another Republican in office. And I don't like Hillary cause she stayed with Bill even after everything that happened. And wait oh nooo!! SNIPER FIRE!! ;)

So Obama/Edwards for 08

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And dying for them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And dying for them.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but Yes, I would be willing to die for them

I don't like the president of Iran, in fact I think he is the cause of the problem, but if it took me fighting to keep the US out of Iran then yes, I would fight. Just like how the soldiers of the US military fight and have that on their mind of dying, I would too have it on my mind. Because I would be fighting for my family, and the fact that my Grandfather(retired) was part of the Revolutionary Guard.

I don't like how the US government after WW2 takes it upon them selves to "Police" the entire world, and I don't want that in Iran.

In history terms-
The US is just like any other empire,(Persian,Roman,etc.) it will come to an end, it is just a matter of time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I'm not trying to start a flame war, but Yes, I would be willing to die for them

I don't like the president of Iran, in fact I think he is the cause of the problem, but if it took me fighting to keep the US out of Iran then yes, I would fight. Just like how the soldiers of the US military fight and have that on their mind of dying, I would too have it on my mind. Because I would be fighting for my family, and the fact that my Grandfather(retired) was part of the Revolutionary Guard.

I don't like how the US government after WW2 takes it upon them selves to "Police" the entire world, and I don't want that in Iran.

In history terms-
The US is just like any other empire,(Persian,Roman,etc.) it will come to an end, it is just a matter of time.

Very well stated and respectful post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Abortion will not be decided anytime soon for two reasons. One, it is too political of an issue, therefore the SC will be hesitant to rule on it again. Second, the court would have to overturn precedent to ban it. They will not do that for fear of limiting their own power.

Anyway, SC nominees are usually fairly moderate. And the court has a weird way of changing political ideology. Not to mention the fact that any super conservative nominated would simply be 'borked' by the other party. So, the White House doesn't have much say in reality.
Hmmm, I'm not so sure about that. It seems to me the two he put through were fairly conservative and faced those pinko-commie libs in Congress. ;) Of course, Bush had the support of the American people back then which is something he (obviously) lacks now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The legitimate citizens of the U.S. are sick of how our gov't always seems to "police" the world too. As a matter of fact, we're tired of supporting countries (especially third world) every time they come crying to us. But it's the nature of what built this country, and what it stands for. And you thought our interference was a bad thing? Man were you wrong.

Europe cried and we came to their rescue. Jump ahead - Kuwait cried and we came to their rescue. Iraq citizen's cheered the U.S when the military ousted Sadam's criminal regime.

Yeah you're right, I'm sick of it too.

The truth is - the World will come to an end long before the U.S. will. As a matter of fact, if the U.S. went to war with Iran or North Korea over nukes, we win in a matter of minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So Very True...

The legitimate citizens of the U.S. are sick of how our gov't always seems to "police" the world too. As a matter of fact, we're tired of supporting countries (especially third world) every time they come crying to us. But it's the nature of what built this country, and what it stands for. And you thought our interference was a bad thing? Man were you wrong.

Europe cried and we came to their rescue. Jump ahead - Kuwait cried and we came to their rescue. Iraq citizen's cheered the U.S when the military ousted Sadam's criminal regime.

Well said! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
I'm not voting for Hilary Clinton. We have seen all too well where her priorities lay. For all her talk, she is willing to sacrifice the good of her party in order to advance her own personal gains. Enough said.

Woot. Great statement. Which is why, I think, Romney should be the Republican candidate, and why I have 0 respect for Huckabee. Sigh... I miss Romney :( And I really can't stand McCain. So... I'm basically stuck voting donkey, unless it's Hillary, which I don't know what I'll do then.

And about the "The McCain you see isn't the REAL McCain"... Why would you want to vote for someone who is hiding his true identity? I don't want to vote for someone who I think is one person, then his twin brother, who just looks like him, but isn't him, is inaugurated into presidency.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In history terms-
Empire? Please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

The truth is - the World will come to an end long before the U.S. will. As a matter of fact, if the U.S. went to war with Iran or North Korea over nukes, we win in a matter of minutes.

That is probably the first real post that I see eye to eye with you on. Well done!

While we have become something like the worlds police force, I would disagree with those who compare the modern US with Rome or the Persians (I saw the irony of that one). While we have helped out much of the world as quoted above, we did not and do not continue to occupy it to the detriment of the native population. Sure there are US troops all over the world, but they are there because the host countries want them there to help protect themselves and maintain security, not because we are acting as an occupying power. HUGE difference.

If the US had not taken on the the role to rebuild Europe and Asia after the second world war, we'd all very likely be worrying about fighting communism still, if not living under it's thumb right here in the US. Someone had to step up and the only countries who could do so were the US and the USSR, better us then them and better that we are even able to have this sort of open debate on the web because it was done.

What I AM sick of is my tax dollars being spent to help those in need and then turning on us at the first chance. It's all part of the price one pays for being in the position the US is in, but it still irks me. I understand that if we just suddenly decided to stop and pull everyone everywhere home, chaos would reign world wide and the increasingly interconnected and fragile world economy would sink into a pit that none of us could get out of.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
picture-1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Very well stated and respectful post.

Thank you, I was aiming for that.

Well the US waited a couple of years to enter WW2, entering only when it was in their best interest, and they SUPPORTED Iraq, giving them money and weapons to fight against Iran, AFTER the US aided Iran.

Now I agree that Sadam did lead a "criminal regime", but who is the US to judge that? They were basing their attack on Iraq on a weapons program that was nonexistent, the UN was making sure of this by checking in on Iraq every 6 months.

I mean what if people outside the US (or even in) saw Bush as leading a "criminal regime". It doesn't give them the right to attack the US just for that. When you look at it what is a "criminal regime" really?

Heres something to take into thought:
(this is what the US originally called the Iraqi operation)

Operation
Iraqi
Liberation

OIL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Edit: It might have been a bit of a strong word to compare the US too, but not completely disagreeable.

Yea it is a strong word, but in essence it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
And about the "The McCain you see isn't the REAL McCain"... Why would you want to vote for someone who is hiding his true identity? I don't want to vote for someone who I think is one person, then his twin brother, who just looks like him, but isn't him, is inaugurated into presidency.

Because we know WHY he's doing it. It's sad that he has to appeal to the religious nutjobs on the right that form a big chunk of the conservative base even though he has little respect for them, but he needs to do it in order to win. He can't expect to win with only the moderates and independents without a base to rely on, similar to how the Democrats can't expect to win without solid Democratic constituencies like African Americans and union workers.

I expect a solid flipping off of the religious right once McCain is in office, and with projected Democratic increases in Congress this November that he can work with, I have no qualms voting for the man if Hillary Clinton somehow manages to get the nomination.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Bleh, no one knows anything, every word that comes out of everyones mouths is biased towards there own ideals whether they like it or not. Fact is opinion, opinion is fact.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you, I was aiming for that.

Well the US waited a couple of years to enter WW2, entering only when it was in their best interest, and they SUPPORTED Iraq, giving them money and weapons to fight against Iran, AFTER the US aided Iran.

Now I agree that Sadam did lead a "criminal regime", but who is the US to judge that? They were basing their attack on Iraq on a weapons program that was nonexistent, the UN was making sure of this by checking in on Iraq every 6 months.

I mean what if people outside the US (or even in) saw Bush as leading a "criminal regime". It doesn't give them the right to attack the US just for that. What is a "criminal regime" really?

Heres something to take into thought:
(this is what the US originally called the Iraqi operation)

Operation
Iraqi
Liberation

OIL

The US entered WW2 after we were attacked, ever heard of Pearl Harbor? Roosevelt wanted to join in the European fight much earlier and most likely violated federal law to keep the UK afloat until we could join in.

As for Iraq, you do realize that the US did have the legal right to enforce the UN resolutions under the UN charter, right? Sadam had violated any number of resolutions and was playing a game, the US simply called his bluff. The UN objected in direct contradiction to their own resolutions which, in my eyes, made them totally useless as any sort of world organization body. If they don't even have the stomach to hold up their own resolutions then what good are they. The fact that a large part of the UN staff was taking bribes from Iraq's illegal oil sales should be noted as well.

Hmm, lets see, Sadam killed hundreds of thousands of Kurds (his own countrymen) as well as political prisoners and those who he just plain didn't like. Funny, so did Hitler (and Stalin). What IS a criminal regime and at what point does the rest of the world have the right to stand up and say enough? Is it at 1 Million deaths? 2 Million? 6 Million? Did we have the right to remove Milosevich in the 90's while he conducting "Ethnic Cleansing"? You might want to study history a bit more.

Somehow, with that OIL comment, I begin am beginning to think that you are simply a conspiracy buff who is looking for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.