Bad things about the powerbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Gets a little bit hot if you use it on your lap for a while

OP
T

TylerMoney

ummm...it's better than any other laptop out there?.....is that bad..hmmm...

I can't think of anything at the moment....the hottness doesn't even bother me...I'm living in pittsburgh pa..where the warm of the pb keeps me warm....

OP
S

SM2k

hehe. thats horrible. :) Doesn't look like there's much to say about this subject. (well, maybe ill get different responses if i post this on a pc forum ;) ) I was actually looking at the powerbook you have, Tyler. I can tell that you like it. Does the screen size bother you? Do you use an external (bigger) screen?

OP
T

TylerMoney

The screen size rarely bothers me. I bought this laptop because it's extremely portable...yet still amazingly powerful. At times though I do hook up my pc's monitor. Only because I have one...and I like working on projects, when I can, on a bigger screen. But if I didn't have another moinitor...I would be fine with the smaller screen. Also, I'm a pretty small guy (5'4 3/4"), so maybe smaller people don't have a problem with smaller screen size? I don't know. I think you could be very happy with the 12"......if not...the worst that wold happen is you would get the 15" instead :)

OP
S

sugarkane

make sure you eject media be for you remove it
i blew the bluetooth unit pulling a FC reader!!!
but apple fixed it....

the only hassel i have it not splashing out on the 60 or 80g hd

40 an't enough
i'd have too say just don't be a tight ass
and you wont have a problem....

sk

OP
S

SM2k

I'm small too. Almost the same hieght as you i definatly cannot afford the 15in. The only reason im considering the powerbook over the ibook is because i need a superdrive.

Wow sugarkane! That's definatly a bad quality! Were you in the 60 day warrenty, or did you get Apple care? Also, 40 is enough for me. Even 30 is enough for me. Thats not a problem

OP
S

StarManta

TylerMoney said:
Also, I'm a pretty small guy (5'4 3/4"), so maybe smaller people don't have a problem with smaller screen size?

Am I the only one who sees a blatantly obvious insult here? Or have I been reading too much bash.org?

OP
T

TylerMoney

I don't understand what the insult would be? Enlighten me...I meant no harm, other than mocking myself and being fairly sinicle/sarcastic. ;)

so, yeah...I was just saying that I have no problem with the screen size...other people have said it was too small for them.....and I figured I'd through in a little something about my size..and how..maybe small me = small computer = good...and maybe that doesn't work for everyone..who knows?

OP
V

vicreoy

I love mine except it isn't as powerful as I thought it would be at times. I have 367 megs, which isn't a ton, but still should be fast. I does lag when opening programs like idvd, but I'm able to deal with it ;)

OP
F

Fomer

My only problem with my powerbook is the wrist area getts fairly dirty cause of the material..... maybe I just have clammy wrist... who knows. But whipping it down often gets annoying. Other than that *knock on wood* no problems.

OP
S

sugarkane

SM2k said:
I'm small too. Almost the same hieght as you i definatly cannot afford the 15in. The only reason im considering the powerbook over the ibook is because i need a superdrive.

Wow sugarkane! That's definatly a bad quality! Were you in the 60 day warrenty, or did you get Apple care? Also, 40 is enough for me. Even 30 is enough for me. Thats not a problem

ahh well apple care and the warrenty are different
apple care means they have to listen too your stuidp questions
warrenty means that for the first year of owing your mac the have to fix any hardware problems that they can't blame on you!!!!

always play stupid with a warrenty issue, admit nothing!!!

sk

OP
T

TylerMoney

I do believe he was talking about the blowing of blue tooth if you don't eject...that's a scary thing..but it works the same way on pc's doesn't it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4 17" 1.33GH OS X
Hi Guys,

Sorry But There R A Few Things:
1. U Have To Splash Money To Enjoy All The Potential
2. If U Nhave Friends With Pc's Compatibility Can Be A Problem
3. Internet Explorer Causes Frequent Mishaps
4. The Greek Fonts On Ie Are Simply Horrible ( I'm Greek And Can't Read Any Grrek Sites, Now That Can Be A Real Pain In The A**)
5. Could Really Use A Right Click Function

Saying That, I Love My Pb, It's Just Soooo Soooo Cool!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
1. just like everything good
2. not really only if you want to play games that they dont have cross platform
3. IE is made by M$....just use safari or a mozilla browser
4. don't use IE
5. No macs have right click....just get a 10 dollar mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4 17" 1.33GH OS X
Hi Guys!

Sorry But I Have A Few Things :

Too Expensive To Enjoy Full Potential, U Have To Splash Money For Everything
Internet Explorer Causes Frequent Mishaps
Lets Face It, Most People Use Pc And Compatibility Can Be A Problem Unless U Have Macmaniacs As Friends Alone!!
Greek Fonts Look Like Goblins, Its Almost Impossible To Surf Greek Sites( That Can Be A Problem Since I Am Greek!)

Saying That, I Love Mine, It's The Ultimate Pulling Machine Bar A Ferrari !!
:d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4 17" 1.33GH OS X
sorry I am repeating myself

thanks monkey, safari shows greek fonts as they should be!!

OP
D

dcoltonbrown

Yeah, I love my PB and that is something that I thought I would NEVER say about anything Apple. I switched about a year ago to an iBook....what a mistake. I was truly an Apple Hater after that experience. Nonetheless, Apple made everything right and now I have a powerbook that I adore. With the exception of a few minor issues that are OS related and some heat/ fan issues (which really aren't too bad), I have ZERO complaints.

Reaction score
as far as compatibility...

Hey, I got a 12" PB that works very well (I'm 5'10" with no "screen size" problems :) ), I'd always been a PC user, but switched (like everyone else) within a few tries of OSX. My brother works in journalism in India, my parents have businesses in the states, I do journalism in Eastern Europe. We all used PC's. I switched first, of course worrying about compatibility, but have never had an issue (believe me, there are no Mac users in the Baltics that I've ever run across). My brother claims the same thing: he rarely, if ever, comes across a mac user but still has no compatibility problems. My parents haven't switched yet, but they are opening a new business that will use macs. I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't worry about compatibility on any sort of business end. I share documents and connect to servers, I travel the web with little fear of viruses (honestly, I don't fear viruses at all as I've never heard of a mac users getting a debilitating virus, but I can't say mac's are error proof). My system has never crashed (sure, I've only had it for four months, but still...). This little PB is a beauty. My biggest worry is having it stolen.

Maybe if you're a gamer you'll have compatability issues. Even there though, I've got Halo and multiplayer works with the PC. I'm sure future games will also incorporate this feature as the mac world is growing.

Maybe this helps...

maikutis

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.