Backup through router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 inch 2017. Processor 3.4GHz Inte Memory 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4. Graphics Radeon Pro 570 4GB
Is it possible to auto backup an iPhone to a portable hard drive connected to a home router?
I dont want to purchase additional iCloud storage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Is it possible to auto backup an iPhone to a portable hard drive connected to a home router?
I dont want to purchase additional iCloud storage

Hi Mark.... - as far as I know, there are just three ways to backup your iDevices: 1) iCloud; 2) iTunes cabled; and 3) iTunes over Wi-Fi. My wife and I have separate iCloud accounts so we each have 5 GB of free storage - my iPad Air 2 uses only half of that amount & both of her devices are under 5 GB - now my 64 GB iPad has 30 GB of storage used, so the cloud 'tracks' purchases/apps/etc. and can download them if needed - my music (all ripped MP3) would not be stored, so I'd need to reload, unless I used iTunes (e.g. when I setup the new iPad, I simply used a cabled connection to my MBPro so the music was there and transferred) - some more information of Apple's cloud storage HERE - Dave :)

P.S. actually for all 3 of our iDevices, I use both iCloud and cabled connections to wife's iMac for her iPad Mini & iPhone and to my laptop for the iPad Air 2.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 inch 2017. Processor 3.4GHz Inte Memory 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4. Graphics Radeon Pro 570 4GB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.