backup of iOS version with all data

Reaction score
If full Ios backup is made via iTunes on Windows OS, this backup contain IOS version too or only data and apps?
I want to understand if I want to upgrade iOS version but I don't like it and I want to wait other time , I need to restore previous iOS.
It's made backup of iOS version by iTunes ?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi,

It's probably just me, but I don't quite understand what you are saying. May I politely ask you to spell out in detail what your problems are and what solutions you are seeking. Sorry.

Ian

OP
Z
Reaction score
Hi,

It's probably just me, but I don't quite understand what you are saying. May I politely ask you to spell out in detail what your problems are and what solutions you are seeking. Sorry.

Ian
example.
i have ios 15 in my iphone and i male full backup it to itunes. if I upgrade my iphone to ios 16 and i sant ti come baci, can I restore my iphone to ios 15 by itunes ?backup?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Once you update the iOS version, you cannot roll back. Now, if it is a brand new release, Apple will usually keep signing (approving) roll back for about 48 hours. But when the release is "mature" it's forward only.

And no, the backup does not have iOS in it.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Just apps and data, not iOS. So if you upgrade iOS to a newer version and want to go back, you have to do that independently of the backup.

I've kept all of my devices (regardless of the OS) always updated to the latest and greatest version and can say that with one or two exceptions I've never had issues with any of them.

Do some of the upgrades require you to do things differently? Yes. But in almost all cases, you can do everything you were doing before and ignore new things without any consequences.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
i have ios 15 in my iphone and i male full backup it to itunes. if I upgrade my iphone to ios 16 and i sant ti come baci, can I restore my iphone to ios 15 by itunes ?backup?

No. As stated above.

Thank you for your kindness and courtesy in explaining things for our benefit - well, mine anyway :) (y)

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.