autocapitalisation activation in Pages and Mail

Reaction score
Hallo, I would like to activate such function available in the I Phone and Ipad OS, but not apparently able to be seen in IOS of my Mac. What should be done in this case for solving this problem?

Thanks for assistance to all!

best Mike

C

chas_m

It's done on iOS because you don't normally have access to a physical keyboard. This not being the case on the Mac, there's no need for such a service. You hit the shift key and type the letter you want capitalised.

I would worry if Apple made such a service the default on Macs, as people would very quickly forget how to type properly and be useless for most office jobs on lesser computers! :)

OP
M
Reaction score
It's done on iOS because you don't normally have access to a physical keyboard. This not being the case on the Mac, there's no need for such a service. You hit the shift key and type the letter you want capitalised.

I would worry if Apple made such a service the default on Macs, as people would very quickly forget how to type properly and be useless for most office jobs on lesser computers! :)

I don't mind if it is default or not, but just to have the option available to activate autocapitalisation and deactivate of not needed. In pages 09 it was available and after they just didn't insert in the next versions, which is sad as MS has it in all programs constantly.

C

chas_m

I can't find anything like what you're describing in the current Mac edition of Pages, nor in Pages 09. Can you tell me where you turned this feature on in Pages 09? Are you certain this was not some kind of third-party add-on that granted this option?

OP
M
Reaction score
It is there when you open Pages 09 in 'preferences' you click on Auto Correction and than Fix capitalisation and that's it. I cannot understand why they have given up this very important issue. Really quite a negligence while it's always there in all MS products.

Best Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.