audio mic input when using Siri or dictation

Reaction score
orums.com/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=8

Hi, I am having issues with the audio mic input when using Siri or dictation on my Mac. Could you please help?

When I use dictation on my Mac, it does not hear any signal from my audio interface. When I switch the mic input to the internal microphone or an external webcam microphone, dictation works fine. The audio interface is being heard perfectly well when I open logic, so I dont think the issue is with the audio interface. (Ive tried changing the mic input to each of these in system preferences>keyboard>dictation settings.)

When I use Siri on my Mac,*it does not hear any signal from my audio interface OR my internal microphone. Siri does work fine when I switch the input to the*external webcam microphone, but that is the only mic input that is working.
I’ve tried changing the mic input to each of these in system preferences>siri settings.)

I’m not sure how to fix this or if there’s just an issue with the software, I don’t see anywhere else to adjust settings. Can you please help?

Thanks, Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Would you be able to provide more information about your Mac?

OP
D
Reaction score
Of course, here is my System information

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
Processor: 4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
Most recently updated macOS

OP
D
Reaction score
Can anybody please offer some input about this? Still having the issue and have no idea how to fix it

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes i have a warranty. But i'd prefer to fix it from within the software if possible, so that i don't need to send my computer back.

OP
D
Reaction score
Also, I tried it again today and am recieving some different results, but still some issues. Here's whats happening now:

Both Siri and mac dictation are now working perfectly when their "mic input" settings are set to the internal microphone. Not sure what changed from before, i updated the macOS so maybe that made the difference.

The only issue now is that neither of them are picking up any signal from the microphones connected to my audio interface (when i change the "mic input" settings to my interface, of course).

This is happening now whether the externals are plugged in or not.

I dont understand it because my interface works fine in Logic and Ableton. Do you know why this is happening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.