Attention!!! system folder trouble

H

Happysk8er

Classic is not in Disk 3, and I have tried everything to install OS 9, and it still won't let me. I have even used a OS 9 install disk, but it still gives the same error message, "Classic cannot find a Mac OS 9 system folder on the startup disk to use." It seems that I have no classic system folder, and so I am unable to install it. I don't know why I need classic to install classic, that is very problematic. Should I just create a classic system folder somehow, and fake it out. I am at a loss... Please help :confused:

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Hmm... what kind of system do you have? What are the specs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
more detail please!

Maybe you have update cd's, not full version ones?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Do you have a back up copy of your OS 9 system folder?

If you do just copy the folder on to your disk.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It just occurred to me you may be trying to install OS 9 while still running OS X. You will not be able to do that. If your system can boot into OS 9. Then you need to boot from the OS 9 install disk (boot system while holding the pressing the C key).

OP
H

Happysk8er

rman said:
It just occurred to me you may be trying to install OS 9 while still running OS X. You will not be able to do that. If your system can boot into OS 9. Then you need to boot from the OS 9 install disk (boot system while holding the pressing the C key).

I tried doing this, but nothing happened. For some reason I was un able to reboot using the OS 9 cd.

OP
H

Happysk8er

rman said:
Do you have a back up copy of your OS 9 system folder?

If you do just copy the folder on to your disk.

I tried copying the folders from the disk to the system folder, but the computer just locked up when i tried to restart using OS 9. I would get an icon with a question mark in a folder, and the computer would not start.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.