Archive to DVD's.

Reaction score
Hi, just joined and had a look around - lots of good stuff.:)

but i have a few questions - is there any programme that can take my old files and folders on an external drive - up to 200GB, and sort/organise them into DVd sized folders ready for burning and archiving.

i have found some tekky guys who were writing scripts and ting but that is a bit over my head...so i wanted to put it out there. i've not found anything obvious or heard of anything.

thanks
ski.

Reaction score
Stuffit Deluxe might be a solution, but it isn't cheap at $80 U.S., especially if you need it only for one function, and that for only a one-off run. And it must compress before it segments (probably so in the most recent version, as well). But an entire app could be spread over as many DVDs as you'd need to back it up in its entirety.

This pic is of an older version I have. The newer one probably has DVD-size segments built in. But as it is, the CD-ROM setting is on a dropdown that also has a "Customize" size setting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.