AppleScript Help Needed: Delete Watched TV Shows in iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook Pro 17"
First off, I'm extremely new to AppleScripting, I've only read a few beginners guides and I'm just starting to understand how it all works. But you gotta start somewhere right?

What I'm trying to create is an AppleScript that will delete any watched TV Show from both the iTunes database and the physical video files. I figure that if I create a smart playlist in iTunes that pulls in every TV Show with a play count greater than 0 it should make deleting the shows a bit easer.

If anyone knows how to do this and could point me in the right direction, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks,

OP
AustinMatherne
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook Pro 17"
I've got the script below which seems to work perfectly, but I'm stuck on adding an error check so that if it doesn't find anything to delete it won't display an error. If anyone knows how to do this, I'd truly appreciate the help.

Code:
tell application "iTunes"
 	set filesToDelete to location of (file tracks whose (video kind is TV show) and (unplayed is false))
 	delete (tracks whose (video kind is TV show) and (unplayed is false))
 end tell
 tell application "Finder"
 	repeat with theFile in filesToDelete
 		delete theFile
 	end repeat
 end tell

Thanks,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.