• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMacs now available for order online

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.7GHz 21" iMac I5 8GB ram, 1Tb memory , iPad firs gen 64 gig , iPod touch 5 32 gig
I picked up the 21" iMac today. They only had the base model available but for me that is just fine. They really do push for you to do any data transfers in store( but not on weekends) and you have to leave it overnight. This is my first Mac and I uploaded the transfer assistant to my PC prior to turning on the IMac and it is going just fine. Just slow because I do not have Ethernet connection, going wireless. It just fits my desk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
iFixit has the teardown of the 21.5" available now. LINK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13"MBP(mid 2012) iPhone4(32GB) 20" Apple Cinema Display(widescreen)
Since the iMac is shipping now I imagine that ifixit and others will have better teardowns soon..

Link? I'm very curious to know how difficult the tear down is on that sucker!

Doug

Super bummed about this! I'm not that tech-savvy, but I have always been able to upgrade RAM, hds etc with no problems...

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...lly_impossible

Apple's 21.5-inch iMac Gets the iFixit Teardown Treatment | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
iFixit has the teardown of the 21.5" available now. LINK

Here's the part that potential buyers should pay special attention to:

Step 18

Good news: The iMac's RAM is "user-replaceable."

Bad news: You have to unglue your screen and remove the logic board in order to do so.

This is just barely less-terrible than having soldered RAM that's completely non-removable.

Our bargain-basement unit has a solid 8 GB of Hynix PC3-12800 RAM.

I think I'll stick with my 2011 model..... ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.