AppleID - why I get notifciations from Apple in foreign language?

jfd

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm currently in Poland on short holidays.
I have my mac with me with High Sierra OS.

I've made a fresh install, new Apple ID. When requested for verification I entered my British phone no. with +44 prefix. But I connect with Polish ISP via WiFi.
I received an email from Apple in Polish language regardless I have my mac in English language configured.

Could you please inform what should I do to receive emails from Apple in English language? And why this Apple ID account is recognizable as Polish and not British?

I bought today some English private proxy, maybe this will help?

Thanks,
Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I imagine the issue is the location service. If you set your mac up in Poland your mac told the apple servers you are in Poland so it sends all responses in Polish.

Log into your apple ID and see what country it shows. To change it check out this article:

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Lisa

Reaction score
Dear Lisa,
Thank you for your reply. I have filled up some details in iTunes and I think it worked!
By the way do you know how to simulate my location since I need it right now for a few days? I know how to do it on PC but never tried on Mac.

Kind Regards,
Paul

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Your location is determined by the IP address your ISP gives you. Your ISP, for now, happens to be in Poland and thus the IP address is going to be located in Poland which the Apple servers are using to be "good" to you. :) If you were to VPN into a UK site, then your IP will report as being in Britain and everything should flip to English.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Ashwin is right - VPN is the way to go if you want to change where you are located.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.