• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Store updating tonight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Apple has no reason to be so secretive now. For their customers, It's beginning to get frustrating.
I think what some people are failing to understand here is that "updating" the store could mean just about anything. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are adding some new merchandise to the store. The store isn't down all the time like some sites, and they do need to do upkeep and maintenance every now and then. This happens once in a great while and is not common enough to become a source of frustration.
It only becomes frustrating to people who either believe in or want to believe in the rumors about what Apple is suppposedly releasing.
Apple isn't being secretive about anything, they are simply doing work on their site. They have offered the phone number of every store their on the site so you could still order something if you absolutely needed to. Nothing to get uptight, frustrated, or worried about.
:black:

OP
DVaris223
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
I think what some people are failing to understand here is that "updating" the store could mean just about anything. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are adding some new merchandise to the store. The store isn't down all the time like some sites, and they do need to do upkeep and maintenance every now and then. This happens once in a great while and is not common enough to become a source of frustration.
It only becomes frustrating to people who either believe in or want to believe in the rumors about what Apple is suppposedly releasing.
Apple isn't being secretive about anything, they are simply doing work on their site. They have offered the phone number of every store their on the site so you could still order something if you absolutely needed to. Nothing to get uptight, frustrated, or worried about.
:black:

Whatever the case may be, an update to the Apple store usually means they've added something/ made something different. Whether it be a hardware update, software update, or even something as tiny as a font change on the homepage, you know somethings coming. I comb through the Apple site everyday, just browsing and looking around and now when I go there, I happen to have a nice little commercial pop up on the homepage. Way to go Apple! Thanks for updating your site and not have me staring at the same photo of iPhone! I wasn't expecting Apple to release something. I was expecting Apple to refresh their site, before I stop typing apple.com into my address bar because I've looked at everything already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
Apple has no reason to be so secretive now. For their customers, It's beginning to get frustrating.

they have plenty of reasons to stay secret and they are the same reasons they kept everythign secret before.

to their customers: dont sit and wait for the next announcement

-chris

Reaction score
My site (US) changed but it was just the new iPhone commercial (hello, hello). You know this anticipation of new Apple products is very contagious! You guys have me on the edge of my seat now!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
Whatever the case may be, an update to the Apple store usually means they've added something/ made something different. Whether it be a hardware update, software update, or even something as tiny as a font change on the homepage, you know somethings coming. I comb through the Apple site everyday, just browsing and looking around and now when I go there, I happen to have a nice little commercial pop up on the homepage. Way to go Apple! Thanks for updating your site and not have me staring at the same photo of iPhone! I wasn't expecting Apple to release something. I was expecting Apple to refresh their site, before I stop typing apple.com into my address bar because I've looked at everything already.

I doubt changing a font or adding a product to the database is going to cause the whole store to go down. Like DevilBoy said they were probably just doing maintenance. It is amazing that within minutes of the store going down there is huge speculation over what is Apple has up its sleeve. The only time you are going to know 100% what Apple is going to release is when Steve Jobs announces it in his KeyNote.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.