• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Store Rant

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I expected more from them, and those expectations weren't met. And that's why I believe my rant was justified.

And it's unfortunate that people do that, because it often leaves an unjustified perception since people so rarely take a moment to rant when they receive very good service or have a very good experience overall.

OP
Shikarnov
Reaction score
^ I don't think anybody can claim with a straight face that Apple, of all companies, is being damaged by a lack of gushers.

That said, had my RAM been installed properly, my post probably would have been titled, "My first experience at an Apple Store," and it would have been more about the glitz and glamor of the store design and the shared energy of so many Apple users in one place. But, you're right, it wouldn't have taken the same emphatic tone of a rant, and that's because merely doing your job properly is hardly noteworthy, and is certainly not praiseworthy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
There's also a difference between ranting about one experience and turning that rant into a statement that Apple in general doesn't do things right which is exactly the way you ended your rant.

It was a little over the top with very little justification.

Sorry, but the drama meter was off the charts on this one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
For what it's worth, I did call the Apple Store today to complain about this, and it turns out that my complaint is not an anomaly. The manager was apologetic, and issued $100 credit to my company's account by way of recompense.

This is what I'll take out of this thread, and say "wow, Apple does it again, going that extra mile to make the customer experience a happy one!"

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram
What, you think they had no other machines for other customers sitting there on the rack in front of this one?

true.. but its RAM installment, theres nothing hard about it, open the case, open the ram, install the ram, close the case and charge the customer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
true.. but its RAM installment, theres nothing hard about it, open the case, open the ram, install the ram, close the case and charge the customer.

multitasking |ˌməltiˈtaski ng; ˌməlˌtī-|
noun Computing
the simultaneous execution of more than one program or task by a single computer processor.
DERIVATIVES
multitask |ˈməltiˌtask; ˈməlˌtī-| verb

It's a computing term. Not an actual possibility with humans. We can't focus all of our attention on more than one task at one time. Mistakes happen, especially when we're very busy/distracted. The OP mentioned the store was super busy. That fact has already been mentioned as a possible distraction leading to a possible employee error.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.