• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple sales declining?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
With rumours doing rounds about a sudden decline in apple sales, i want to know opinion of people here on this forum about whether or not apple's best days are coming to an end. I personally believe , there is no firm evidence to come to the conclusion about apple's fate. But i would welcome all your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I went ahead and moved your thread, since it's not an Apple Rumor or Report.

As to your question - Apple's sales ebb and flow like any company's. This last quarter was one of the first where year-over-year growth wasn't as strong as it's been in several categories. I think some of that is to be expected, especially when practically the entire Mac lineup has been stagnant in terms of significant design changes. As far as their best days being behind them... hard to say. We never know what's in the works or how consumer tastes will shift.

One thing is certain, however... Apple is sitting pretty on a mountain of cash. They are diversified in terms of their business model, with quite a few revenue streams. In the markets they compete in, their products are easily the most profitable (by a long-shot). This is not the Apple of the 1980s. They are a money-making machine, and short of an unforeseen worldwide catastrophe, they will continue to be so for decades to come.

Reaction score
I think apple will grow personally.

Many of our customers are turning their back on windows as they hate 10 and how invasive it has become and moving to mac/linux.

one customer went from pc to full blow mac pro (the one that looks like a rubbish bin)

ok so many like myself are buying used as new is bit pricey but like myself many are moving to other platforms.

I still have a windows PC for my games though.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
With rumours doing rounds about a sudden decline in apple sales, i want to know opinion of people here on this forum about whether or not apple's best days are coming to an end. I personally believe , there is no firm evidence to come to the conclusion about apple's fate. But i would welcome all your opinions.

Sorry Mike. Seems that you only came here to promote the link in your signature. Thread closed.

- Nick

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sorry Mike. Seems that you only came here to promote the link in your signature. Thread closed.

- Nick

Aha... that must have been a recent addition. It wasn't there when I made my reply. Sneaky, sneaky!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Very sneaky!!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.