Apple said I could do this...how?

I

Icarus

I seem to recall something somehwere saying if all of my data didn't fit on a CD that I burned, it'd tell me to eject it and put in a new one and it would pick up right were it left off...was I misled, or is there a way to do this with 3,000 songs? (outside of itunes)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Have you tried? How about a few more details?

OP
I

Icarus

nevermind - figured it out. Since I was burning music, itunes would do it for me. You just need to change the burn style from audio to data in prefences. Thanks 'yall..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Now you'll burn a data cd... hope it's back up. :D

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Yeah well, Apple told me after I got my new hard drive, I'd be up and running for years to come.

Now that didn't happen, did it?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
You think you would be bitter when your hard drive dies the night after you get a new one.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Absolute Zero said:
You think you would be bitter when your hard drive dies the night after you get a new one.

Bitter no, frustrated yes. But I don't know that all hardware will fail, at one time of another. Sometimes it can be new, as in your case.

Just see it as an inconvenience. I have in my limited walk on this earth to don't sweat the small stuff, and life is the small stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.