• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple releases Aperture 3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP mid 2009 - 2.8 ghz 4 GB Ram, 500 gb HDD ; iPhone 3G 16GB White , iPhone 4 32GB Black,
As most of you will know the Apple store was down earlier today, now while many expected that this was so they could introduce the new Macbook Pro, in reality it turned out to be the new Aperture.

You can read more at: Apple releases Aperture 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Pretty excited about this one, I've been waiting for Aperture update for awhile now.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Aperture looks really cool, but I've been hesitant to install the trial, as I know that once I do, I'll probably end up buying it.

Good gravy, the whole Apple ecosystem is such a money pit :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
still wayyy behind lightroom

My thoughts exactly. Seems too little to late...

But what the hey, I've signed up for the 30-day trial and will install it to see what it's like though. Never know until you give it a go huh? :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
still wayyy behind lightroom

Sorry, but have to say, from someone that has admitted to never even installing/testing Aperture, that's not much difference in the Win fanboys that have never touched a Mac coming around and cutting down Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
My thoughts exactly. Seems too little to late...

But what the hey, I've signed up for the 30-day trial and will install it to see what it's like though. Never know until you give it a go huh? :)

Well it's impossible to know how behind it is to lighroom unless you use Aperture first. One you have done the 30 day trial then you'll know how good Aperture is to you. Cause with a lot of things, reading reviews is good but personal hands on experience means so much more.

Reaction score
What's next? Final Cut 8? iLife '10? iWork '10? C'mon Apple, we're all waiting here...

And I wonder- is there a certain system req I have to have to use the latest Aperture? Looks like I barely hit it. 1 GB RAM is the bare minimum on all but a Mac Pro (2 GB required there). Looks like I'll have to pony up the RAM (4 gigs is what I'm aiming for at the moment). And Best Buy wants $125 for one 2 gig stick. Yikes! :eek:

And I wonder- can you use just one of the RAM slots? I mean, considering the price of just one 2 gig stick...

C

chas_m

Sarcasm aside, really it's the only place that sells DDR3 in my area- well, aside from the internet...

That's what I meant ... you could do a lot better price-wise by using the net.

You didn't mention specifically what machine you have, but 2009 iMac DDR3 2GB sticks go for about $50. See here (and adjust for your actual model accordingly)

Reaction score
That's what I meant ... you could do a lot better price-wise by using the net.

You didn't mention specifically what machine you have, but 2009 iMac DDR3 2GB sticks go for about $50. See here (and adjust for your actual model accordingly)

(See my Specs)

Early 2009 Mac mini, Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2GHz, 1 GB RAM, Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
I have had Aperture 3 running for a week or so now, and so far I like it quite a bit. It is a little intimidating compared to iPhoto, there are a couple gotchas with the filters and so forth, but that is the price you pay for more features and flexibility. Haven't delved into the Adjustments features much yet... that may be my project for this afternoon.

Reaction score
Used it yesterday, some features have been moved around, for example, I have yet to find the desaturate brush when you go into the dodge and burn section but I will play around more...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.