Apple Music App On My iMac Is Vexing Me

Reaction score
I'm aware that Apple Music doesn't always import music into a library correctly. I'm aware of it by reading about it looking for a solution and also experiencing it.

I imported all of my The Velvet Underground CDs into my library. Before importing them, no other CDs by the group were in the library. I clicked on the "The Velvet Underground" folder and imported all the albums in one swoop. But, many of them imported incorrectly. Apple Music created two identically named artist "folders" in the GUI, for the sake of discussion lets' call them "The Velvet Underground #1" and "The Velvet Undergound #2". Most of the albums were imported correctly into #1 but some were imported into #2. In #2 were five complete albums and seven split albums that were also in #1. The solution was to delete the albums in #2 from the library. I also the deleted from the library corresponding split albums in #1 (which may not have been necessary, I don't know) and imported them again. I imported each album individually and all is well with the exception of one album and I am completely vexed. The album was in the library split into #1 and #2. Now, I import it but it is not in the library anywhere. The first time I imported it, there ws no activity from the app, it was like it was imported instantly. But it wasn't. I restarted the Mac and imported it again, watching the progress of each song being imported. However, that album is still not showing in the app. I'm at a loss at the moment.

OP
N
Reaction score
Update to my post: I've solved the issue. I did some more searching and found a post in a forum on Apple's site that suggested dragging the album folder to the "Automatically Add To Music" folder. That resolved the issue. I guess I can chalk this up to bugs in the Apple Music app.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Interesting topic and helpful solution. Thank you for your two posts. They could help others.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.