Apple mail not learning what is not junk

Reaction score
In Yosemite i get all mails in apple mail inbox appearing in a gold colour as if they are junk. If i mark it as not junk it doesn't lean and the next time i get a mail from the same sender its still in gold. This wasn't an issue under mavericks. Can anyone guide me how I can resolve this please. Thanks.

M

MacInWin

Be patient. It takes more than one session for the junk filer to adjust. Just keep accepting the marked mail and eventually it will be passed through untouched.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank You but how patient do i have to be, Ive been marking them as not junk since yosemites release 2 months ago?

C

chas_m

Junk training takes maybe a week or so at most. Do you have a rule that could be causing this issue? Is Junk even in training mode?

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi I don't have any rules set. What is training mode?
Junk mail does have this box checked in the exempt from junk mail section ' sender of message is in my previous recipients'

So by this Im wondering why every mail from amazon gets treated as if its junk?

Reaction score
Tried adding the address to Contacts?

Reaction score
Who is the email service provider? What is your junk filter settings? Many people reported junk filter issue in Yosemite, where the junk mails were not filtered at all. The symptoms of yours seems to be on the other end of spectrum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.