- Jun 11, 2003
- Reaction score
- Mount Vernon, WA
- Your Mac's Specs
- MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
This is a really kewl little program from Apple that has helped me numerous times when my keychain became corrupted.. it seems to work perfectly! I just though I would share it with you guys incase you didn't know about it
The Keychain First Aid utility enables you to verify or repair your keychain content. It can fix:
• A user's .Mac password is not retained in Internet preference pane, as described in technical document 107097, "Mac OS X 10.2: Won't Save .Mac Password".
• Mail and iChat could continue to prompt users for their password after saving it in the keychain.
• A user could be unexpectedly prompted to unlock the keychain after changing account information or Home directory location.
• Duplicate Mail passwords could appear in the keychain, as described in technical document 106546, "Mac OS X 10.1: Re-enter Mail Password After Upgrade".
• Multiple references to the same keychain could appear in the Keychain Access application.
• Applications are unable to retrieve items from a keychain file located on a network volume.
• Saved passwords could not be read if they were created or modified by certain pre-release versions of Jaguar.
• A Keychain dialog can sometimes prompt for permission to decrypt a "(null)" item.