• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple is set to attack the first ammendment

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
WOW,

Way to bring up an old post there buddy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
For a moment I thought this was actually relevant or something...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
HAHAHA,

why not post on the long list of current threads to increase post count instead of bringing up 2 year old information?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Apple has every right to protect their trade secrets. When you look at their competitors' products (Dell XPS one, countless iPhone wannabe's, etc) you can see why.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz Macbook Pro 200 Gig HD 2g Ram, Thinkpad X200: 2.4 GHz 160 GB HD and 3GB of RAM, 500 GB TimeCa
Bottom line is that they are a business and they have employees and shareholders to protect. If you designed something and spent hours or months developing it and someone leaks out the information, would you be upset or worried you won't make the money you intended? One of the largest threats to international and domestic businesses who are in this type of market it fraud and the like. I think it's good they are doing this since this might help keep the prices down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz Macbook Pro 200 Gig HD 2g Ram, Thinkpad X200: 2.4 GHz 160 GB HD and 3GB of RAM, 500 GB TimeCa
Nice... I didn't notice the dated on the posts.

Reaction score
jeez, i actually went reading that article again and actually getting engaged in this thread... only to slowly realize that "hey, firewire breakout box, that sounds vaguely familiar"... I had read it all once before.

Boy, that guy needs a slap on the backside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
jeez, i actually went reading that article again and actually getting engaged in this thread... only to slowly realize that "hey, firewire breakout box, that sounds vaguely familiar"... I had read it all once before.

Boy, that guy needs a slap on the backside.

I know right, I even responded to it that the bad part. Oh well...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" Alu | 2.0Ghz C2D | 2GB RAM | 250GB HDD | Snow Leopard
I mean its over garageband. I opened that program one time because I was curious what an African Congo Drum sounded like.

A lot of people, musicians like myself for example, use Garageband most of the time and consider it to be one of the most important programs for Mac. So it IS a big deal, and I hope this guy gets sued for all he is worth. He shouldn't have leaked information, it doesn't matter how important or not some people think it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.