• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple ID Users Class Action Lawsuit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Interesting. I still use my @me Apple ID and have no issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I started with a me.com account. No problems at all with it, then, or now. I still sign into iCloud on that me.com account ID. I normally give my email address with iCloud.com, but I get mail at me.com, too, for older accounts I gave that address years ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
Having registered my own domain name and and my account includes emails, then my Apple ID is my own email address, I never took an apple one. Can't remember when I registered for an account, but but must be way back when either QuickTime or iTunes was on most windows PCs as part of other programme installations.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Never heard of, nor personally experienced, any problem with @me.com IDs or emails.

My email accounts are:

(a) personal & linked to a UK provider and used for iTunes/Music and the App Store (they were segregated in the early days and remain so as Apple can't amalgamate that account with the later Apple ID ones)

(b) @me.com for emails and my Apple ID

(c) and (d) 2 @iCloud.com accounts which I use for registering purposes. These are liked to my Apple ID and can be binned if necessary.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
Always used my @mac.com ID and have noticed any of these issues either. Sounds flaky to try a lawsuit based on a throwaway comment from one support staff.

OP
Randy B. Singer
Reaction score
Always used my @mac.com ID and have noticed any of these issues either. Sounds flaky to try a lawsuit based on a throwaway comment from one support staff.

The articles that I cited to say that the plaintiffs had hundreds of hours of interaction with several different levels of Apple support staff over a long period of time. It seems that they got lied to, and were given the runaround, over an extended period without Apple even admitting to there being a problem. Even when Apple finally admitted to there being a problem, Apple lied about an impending solution, though ultimately Apple hasn't offered any solutions or hope for a solution. If those alligations are all proven at trial, Apple will be exposed to some liability.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
The Plaintiff and lawyer seem related....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The Plaintiff and lawyer seem related....

Good catch. What are the chances that the two plaintiffs and the lawyer representing them, just coincidentally all have the same last name of Demonte?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I didn't notice that relationship when I read the summary that you linked to. When I read that the lawyers and plaintiffs had the same last name my first reaction was that this wouldn't matter.

Wouldn't there have to be some more significant issue for there to be a reason for summary dismissal?

OP
Randy B. Singer
Reaction score
I didn't notice that relationship when I read the summary that you linked to. When I read that the lawyers and plaintiffs had the same last name my first reaction was that this wouldn't matter.

Wouldn't there have to be some more significant issue for there to be a reason for summary dismissal?

The Plaintiff's and their attorney being related is utterly insignificant.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Hmm, round the dinner table conversation with related family lawyer turns into litigation against technology giant, couldn't happen? 🤭

OP
Randy B. Singer
Reaction score
It's often handy to be best friends or a relative of an attorney.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.