Apple ID password?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I have been trying to sign in to my Apple acount om my M1 24" iMac and it is refusing me.

So I have just tried to sign in on my nice new shiny iPhone SE and I was very careful to iuse the same password as on the iMac. It let me sign in on the SE.

Then I thought that the bluetooth keyboard may be throwing a wobbler so I plugged in an old USB keyboard with the same refusal.

I have now tried on our old late 2009 21 ½" iMac and that one let me in. So it's only the new M1 jobbie that is refusing, so I think that I will go and have a cup of tea and see if that helps it :confused3 :poop:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
Is it the Apple account or the Mac account, I feel foul of this when I started.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I don't think it's either Jimmy? You got me thinking and I went in to Apple ID and tried to sign on and it let me with no worries. So I went back to the failure again and somewhere in the small text there was a mention of a Safari sign ijn that I hadn't noticed and as far as I know I have never had one for Safari? So I will have to look at that more closely.

Please, please give me an IBM mainframe hardware problem. I can fix those.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Can you post a screenshot of the error? That might help.

Reaction score
Could it be an issue with the new iMac? Possibly a setting specific to that device? The Safari sign-in hint is intriguing. You might want to check if your Safari settings have 'Prevent cross-site tracking' turned on, as it sometimes creates issues with certain logins. Also, ensure Safari isn't blocking cookies from Apple.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jake, unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot of that. Unusual for me not to and with my memory, or lack of, I can't remember how I got to it?

I think that it was because I had assumed it to be an Apple sign on and missed the Safari in the window NB? I have had a separate look at the Safari log in and I do have a sign in for it and I can sign in without any trouble, I had forgotten I had it! Mind you, I can't remember the last time I forgot anything :question

Edit : - You mention blocking the cookies from Apple. Is there any reason not to? I usually block as many of the things I can.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
John, cookies from sites you trust can make life a lot easier for you by remembering what preferences you have for that site. Blocking them from ALL sites is generally a bit of overkill, IMHO.

Has the issue of the password gone away? If not, you can just screenshot when it happens again.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't really have any sites that I trust Jake. I do realise that not trusting can make things more difficult, but I would rather have the little added privacy. That's the reason my search eng is DuckDuckGo.

Yes the password jobbie was a miss reading by me and I think it's resolved. If not then I'll come back on it. Thank you all for yet another lot of your help !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.