Apple ID "New iCloud Terms and Conditions"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (M1, 2020) * iPhone 12 * Apl Watch Series 5
After I installed CI keep getting a notification "New iCloud Terms and Conditions" and when I view it a brief "Loading" flashes and I get a box with the banner below:

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 9.03.58 AM.png

There is no way I can see to "Agree" so it keeps coming back. What am I missing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
What is "CI?"

Normally you need to click on the box labelled "Terms and Conditions" and then the T&Cs open up, where at the bottom of them is the Agree box.

OP
ekkojelly7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I've done that...several times and I get this...

...and then, nothing.

"CI" should have been Catalina.

Last edited:
OP
ekkojelly7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When I tap the blue "Terms and Conditions" a "Loading" bubble dips down and back up and returns me to this:

View attachment 31471

Last edited:
OP
ekkojelly7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is particularly annoying as I can't access iCloud without "Agree"ing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you go to iCloud.com and accept there? Use Safari or any browser to go there.

Oh, and your email address is in the images you posted. You might see if a MOD can blur or take them down for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
It seems that you are not the only one, and a lot of other users have being having the same trouble for some time now.

Have a look at and maybe read through some of the hits here:
new icloud terms and conditions - Google Search

BTW: does anyone other than some odd lawyers read through ALL the various Apple "Terms and Conditions
contracts???

And do any of them actually understand and comprehend what they just read???

Even the fine print??
Or as Apple does it, using small light grey font on a lighter grey background. Oh right, that's how they do their normal info, sorry i forgot!!! I think for the "fine print" they use an almost white font on a light grey/white background. Also, very annoying!!!

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice rant, Patrick. Actually, I did browse the T&Cs once. There is a clause about agreeing not to use any Apple product in the design or production of any nuclear weapon. Good virtue signaling, that one. I suspect at least one Apple product has been used that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice rant, Patrick. Actually, I did browse the T&Cs once. There is a clause about agreeing not to use any Apple product in the design or production of any nuclear weapon. Good virtue signaling, that one. I suspect at least one Apple product has been used that way.

Ah yes, the old agreement that included any nuclear weapons or sharing with certain countries. Do they still include that???

I had to get lawyers witnessed and signed affidavit along with a certified check/money order for $25.00usd in order for me to obtain a copy of their ResEdit application on floppy disk many years ago.
I also had to include a signed document stating i would not be using the software to create any nuclear weapon. And some other clause stating i had to submit anything i had created with the software that was not used by myself only for their approval.

Oh, the memories... I wouldn't be surprised if some similar stuff still exists. :D

- Patrick
======

OP
ekkojelly7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, MacInWin, I just removed the images but will use preview next time.

OP
ekkojelly7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, pm-r, the 9to5Mac site had the method that worked for me. I had to sign out and then back in.
How to fix iCloud terms and conditions bug in macOS Catalina - 9to5Mac

It seems that you are not the only one, and a lot of other users have being having the same trouble for some time now.

Have a look at and maybe read through some of the hits here:
new icloud terms and conditions - Google Search

BTW: does anyone other than some odd lawyers read through ALL the various Apple "Terms and Conditions
contracts???

And do any of them actually understand and comprehend what they just read???

Even the fine print??
Or as Apple does it, using small light grey font on a lighter grey background. Oh right, that's how they do their normal info, sorry i forgot!!! I think for the "fine print" they use an almost white font on a light grey/white background. Also, very annoying!!!

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, pm-r, the 9to5Mac site had the method that worked for me. I had to sign out and then back in.

I'm glad to read their fix seems to have fixed and worked well and easily for you.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.