Apple ID/Mail Help

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure which category this would fall under but it all started on my iphone.

I was on my iphone one night going to update some apps and finally update to iOS 8 (I had heard bad reviews so I was skeptical) when I went to enter in my account password so I could update my apps it said my ID had been shut down due to security reasons. Apple redirected me to the reset password page. You can either reset your password through your email or security questions. I first tried to reset it through my email, but the email - which is my apple ID - is shut down so that is not an option. This is my third day attempting my security questions which I do not remember since I made the ID so long ago. At this point, I'm not sure what to do. I can't get into that email, and I don't remember my security answers. I don't want to loose my music and apps on my account. If someone could please get back to me that would be very helpful. I really do not want to spend thirty dollars on apple support. Thanks.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I suppose it's useless to say there is no point in having security questions if you don't know the answers.
I suggest you write them down in future noting case sensitive variations like a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence or proper name. Go here;
Your Account - Apple Store (U.S.)
Jump to Find or Reset Password and follow the instructions.(iForgot)
Once you have reset your password go back to the first page and go to edit my account details and add a second email address so you don't have this problem again. You will be sent a verification email to that address, click verify, login again with your new password.
Now you can login on your iPhone with the new account details. You may need to delete your old iCloud account in Settings and re enter the new details.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.