Apple has ruined iPhone OS!

Reaction score
this is really stupid, what Apple did to OS. Will NEVER upgrade a working Apple product ever again. Engineers justify their existence by taking things that work and "fixing" them.

Last edited by a moderator:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Do you have a question or is this just venting?

OP
D
Reaction score
firstly, emails are now backlogged instead of showing up as they are mailed, so when i open gmail, i get a bunch one after the other and cannot do anything 'til i check all of them. This is VEEERY annoying…PUSH apparently doesnt work anymore…all my emails now come in a buch which i must click each and every one UGGGGHHHH!!!!!Secondly, alerts/notifications no longer work as they did, nothing comes in anymore as they did under OS 6…Thirdly, iTunes, some songs now start halfway through or near end. OS 8 is a pieceofs! Steve Jobs would never have tolerated what the new team has done!!!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
firstly, emails are now backlogged instead of showing up as they are mailed, so when i open gmail, i get a bunch one after the other and cannot do anything 'til i check all of them. This is VEEERY annoying…PUSH apparently doesnt work anymore…all my emails now come in a buch which i must click each and every one UGGGGHHHH!!!!!Secondly, alerts/notifications no longer work as they did, nothing comes in anymore as they did under OS 6…Thirdly, iTunes, some songs now start halfway through or near end. OS 8 is a pieceofs! Steve Jobs would never have tolerated what the new team has done!!!

What do you think for years & years & years a segment of the Apple community says each time a new version of the Mac OS or Apple iOS is released?? "DON'T MOVE MY CHEESE!";)

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I, the bulk majority of iOS users, have not had any of the issues you're having. Rather than venting about it, perhaps you can try to find the cause and fix it..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
firstly, emails are now backlogged instead of showing up as they are mailed, so when i open gmail, i get a bunch one after the other and cannot do anything 'til i check all of them. This is VEEERY annoying…PUSH apparently doesnt work anymore…all my emails now come in a buch which i must click each and every one
If you're opening Gmail and this is happening, this would be the fault of the Gmail app, not iOS. Have you checked the app's settings?

UGGGGHHHH!!!!!Secondly, alerts/notifications no longer work as they did, nothing comes in anymore as they did under OS 6…
Check the notification settings in Settings to see if they are enabled for those apps not receiving/creating them.

Thirdly, iTunes, some songs now start halfway through or near end.
This would be an issue with iTunes and has nothing to do with iOS.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2020, 2.3 Ghz, Quad core i7, 16gb, 1 TB, Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB , Sonoma 14.1.1
I TOTALLY understand the frustration of the OP, however, I will NEVER understand the propensity to upgrade whenever a new OS comes out, assuming of course, the old one did what they needed it to do. I know, it's easy for me to say, I don't actually need or use a computer or a smartphone for anything important. I have no idea if the OP needed some of the features of the upgraded OS or not.

ken

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If someone's using a computer or smartphone for something important that's an excellent reason not to upgrade immediately. Not because the new OS version is inherently unstable or bad.

No matter which OS is involved, or how well it's written, there is always and initial period of problems. Some of the problems are true bugs, some are the result of apps needing upgrades and some things are user error/complaints as they adjust to the changes.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
All the crying in the world and complaining does absolutely no good if you haven't thought things out before upgrading. For example: Did you make a backup of your old version of iOS before you upgraded? If not, then there's no way back. :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 "MacBookPro (2011).
I have to agree with the experts on here as I was one who complained earlier about my up grade of Yosemite. If I had waited for the next update ( I have just installed the new 10.10.2 ) I would have had no reason to post in the first place. A vast difference and happier.
I will be waiting next time to see what happens.....................................then think about an up grade. Thanks for all your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.