• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

apple bottom of greenpeace list

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
different article, but i think this had the same content.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
different article, but i think this had the same content.

Personally, I think Apple should do more to improve their eco-friendliness.

You would think a company run by a hippie would do more to help the environment...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
I do agree Apple should make much more effort to be eco-friendly. Imagine how much waste they must create with all of those iPods. This is the responsibility of the consumer as well as companies, but Apple needs to make more of an effort.

Reaction score
Yeah, the conspiracy theory is that Apple refused to donate to Greenpeace so Greenpeace decided to attack Apple.

Personally, I find myself more inclined to buy Apple products now. If Apple sinks a Greenpeace boat, I'll buy a Mac Pro. :ninja:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
According to the "Apple Inc." Wikipedia article, although Greenpeace hates Apple, the EPA says that it complies with all laws and is more eco-friendly than most of its competitors. I'm inclined to side with the EPA when it's between them and Greenpeace. Greenpeace members don't have as good hygiene as EPA members.

Also, has Greenpeace offered any suggestions on how Apple can be more eco-friendly other than taking PVC out of the MacBooks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Yeah, the conspiracy theory is that Apple refused to donate to Greenpeace so Greenpeace decided to attack Apple.

Personally, I find myself more inclined to buy Apple products now. If Apple sinks a Greenpeace boat, I'll buy a Mac Pro. :ninja:

I don't believe in that theory. Greenpeace would a lot of what little support it has if it acted that way.

Also, you should promote attacking people who are just exercising their freedom of speech. That's very anti-American.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It may be anti-American, but I'm all for sinking Greenpeace boats whenever possible....

Heck, I'd even be good with strafing the survivors...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
lol

I'm glad you're back, baggss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I heard something about sinking greenpeace boats......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I wouldn't be as against Greenpeace if they acted more professional. I've had two professors who are members of Greenpeace and they're both aging hippies. I don't like hippies, they'll smoke pot all day, but if you light up a cigarette to relax after work, you have to hear about it. I have much more respect for the EPA, and they have much more respect for Apple than Greenpeace does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And Customer, smoking really is bad for you ...

Todd, I don't smoke a whole lot. I just have one or two when I relax on Friday nights with friends. They go really well with Guinness. The problem is that I have a hippie friend who likes to lecture me about how bad having one or two cigarettes a week is and he smokes pot every day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's odd. Considering that unfiltered MJ has similar carcinogen content that a tobacco cigarette does, I'd say your friend needs to get a clue, or come down long enough to get one.

Reaction score
(a) I have never smoked and never would smoke pot. Having said that, my understanding is that the serious health risks (cancer, lung and heart disease, etc.) aren't nearly as significant with marijuana as they are with tobacco cigarettes.

(b) Your hippie friend -- God forgive me for saying this -- is right. One or two cigarettes a week will drastically impact the odds of you getting cancer. I was diagnosed with kidney cancer at age 36 and the doctors STILL don't believe me when I tell them I've never smoked ... smoking (even a little bit) is pretty much considered suicide-by-cancer among all the many, many, many medical professionals I got to spend time with last year. :ninja:

It's your life and you can do whatever you want. And if you choose to kill yourself by smoking cigarettes, far be it for anyone else to lecture you on it. Though I imagine burning yourself alive or drowning yourself would be less painful.

edit:

Study finds smoking marijuana does not increase risk of lung cancer (2006)

Marijuana may be greater cancer risk than tobacco(2000)

Pick the version of reality you prefer and cross your fingers ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I heard something about sinking greenpeace boats......

Yes, France is the only country with the honour of sinking GreenPeace boat...

All this anger here from fluffy Mac owners - you guys like to buck the stereotypes eh?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All this anger here from fluffy Mac owners - you guys like to buck the stereotypes eh?

Anger? I'm not angry. All this talk of sinking Greenpeace boats makes me giddy....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.