• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple bitten by ad watchdog

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Sound like one of those my father can beat up your father situations. lol :p

OP
L

liz10surfing

Murlyn said:
The funniest part about this discussion is that when the G5 came out it was the fastest or close to the fastest "personal computer" and now that it has been out for quite a long time, other processors have had upgrades and now they are faster.. and everyone makes it sound like they have always been faster, marketing is quite interesting, especially how people are sucked into it and grab onto whatever matches what they believe. Seriously though.. who cares? If the mac is the fastest, awesome, if a Pc is the fastest, awesome. I use my computer for the experience I get, which is OS X, now if I was a gamer.. maybe that stuff would be important.. and if it is then use whatever you think is the fastes and don't brag about it.. because most of us.. don't care :) Now if it runs the programs that I need to run.. and fast and doesnt crash, etc etc.. then I will listen, because that is pertinent to me.

Im not sure why I even wrote that.. the arguements will continue, people saying my platform is best will continue, your platform sucks, will continue.. maybe if just one person hears what I am saying and doesnt join in the "fight".. maybe it was worth me writing this..

Cheers

Apple was never the worlds fastest Pc A dual 2ghz g5 lost aginast an Dual 3ghz Xeon Explain How thats the worlds fastest computer if they have dual 4.2ghz Xeon's. HAAHAHA APPLES RULE I really dont care if apples preformce is slow but I just hate to face it but PC are faster at basicly everything and no that includes video editing and photoshop I think apple needs dual 4ghz g5 to keep up with Amd Agian -rolleyes- they have fallin behind I think we need someone who can run apple and make superior machines that truly kick evey pc butt but thats no the case. In reality Mac lose just about every benchmark when it comes too preformance. But if you want to buy a computer I say GO MAC YOULL NEVER GO BACK MAC RULES PC SUCKS

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
So what happens when Apple comes out with a quad G5?

OP
C

chronogoof89

Although I think our buddy already got banned, he may be reading this, so I'll respond.

Yes right now there are faster chips out there than the current G5. Are they faster at everything? No. Does a faster processor make a faster computer? No, it doesn't necessarily! Are the differences between the G5s and the PC chips significant outside of the benchmarks, no - you probably won't notice it at all in the real world.

Anything as fast as a G5 is blazingly fast, the g5 WAS the fastest at one point, though - even though you don't think so. My PB doesn't have anywhere near the processor speed of some PC laptops. ****, its not even the fastest PB any more! 1.25ghz. I can say though, that as WHOLE the system runs faster than many PCs I've used with much high clock speeds. Would it beat them in a benchmark, maybe, maybe not. It works smooth and fast in the real world though. Also, I really like Macs for the OS. OS X > Windows XP (and all others) in my opinion. Ease of use, stability, sex appeal, security, etc - are all better with OS X I feel. I don't go into Windows forums though and tell them so. In fact, I rarely even discuss it with my die-hard 'Dozer friends. Whatever makes you happy, use it.

Kind of leads me to my next point. Liz10surfing, why would you come in to a Mac Forum and babble all of this crap that people don't really care about. Yeah, your computer can render stuff in PS .1 sec faster or whatever. I don't care. It seems pretty pathetic that you would be such a troll. You write like you're about 13 (and this is coming from someone with admittedly pretty poor writing skills on the internet). I find it funny that you get your fun by being a troll on a computer forum. If anything makes someone an "uncool, geek, nerd" type person, its trying to start a fight on the internet about who has the faster computer... Is it a race? Because people on car forums argue about their car being faster... but that's different because you actually notice a difference in even a slightly faster car (+5-10hp is noticeable). It just seems you act very childish for someone who has a top-of-the line faster-than G5 PC. You also claim to have several Apples. I don't know how you afford all of this, but my guess is you are either lying of your mommy bought it because based on the look of your posts the is no way you could make enough money for all that....

OP
A

Applerules

chronogoof89 said:
Although I think our buddy already got banned, he may be reading this, so I'll respond.

Yes right now there are faster chips out there than the current G5. Are they faster at everything? No. Does a faster processor make a faster computer? No, it doesn't necessarily! Are the differences between the G5s and the PC chips significant outside of the benchmarks, no - you probably won't notice it at all in the real world.

Anything as fast as a G5 is blazingly fast, the g5 WAS the fastest at one point, though - even though you don't think so. My PB doesn't have anywhere near the processor speed of some PC laptops. ****, its not even the fastest PB any more! 1.25ghz. I can say though, that as WHOLE the system runs faster than many PCs I've used with much high clock speeds. Would it beat them in a benchmark, maybe, maybe not. It works smooth and fast in the real world though. Also, I really like Macs for the OS. OS X > Windows XP (and all others) in my opinion. Ease of use, stability, sex appeal, security, etc - are all better with OS X I feel. I don't go into Windows forums though and tell them so. In fact, I rarely even discuss it with my die-hard 'Dozer friends. Whatever makes you happy, use it.

Kind of leads me to my next point. Liz10surfing, why would you come in to a Mac Forum and babble all of this crap that people don't really care about. Yeah, your computer can render stuff in PS .1 sec faster or whatever. I don't care. It seems pretty pathetic that you would be such a troll. You write like you're about 13 (and this is coming from someone with admittedly pretty poor writing skills on the internet). I find it funny that you get your fun by being a troll on a computer forum. If anything makes someone an "uncool, geek, nerd" type person, its trying to start a fight on the internet about who has the faster computer... Is it a race? Because people on car forums argue about their car being faster... but that's different because you actually notice a difference in even a slightly faster car (+5-10hp is noticeable). It just seems you act very childish for someone who has a top-of-the line faster-than G5 PC. You also claim to have several Apples. I don't know how you afford all of this, but my guess is you are either lying of your mommy bought it because based on the look of your posts the is no way you could make enough money for all that....

Sorry Liz10surfing apples are the best no one could beat them. But in prefromance yes and Yes apple powermac g5 gets beat by a far shot when it comes to gaming graphics and video editing. I went on Pc worlds site it dosent look good for apple. But Macworld said you didnt buy an Apple for its speed you bought it cause its reliable. Sorry liz10surfing you are right Pc will always be faster, BUT I prefer Mac casue they dont crash dont get viruses and they are so BEAUTIFUL SORRY PC's Will always Play the catch up game to MAcs when it comes to Reliabilty

OP
C

chronogoof89

Somebody has MPD. You do a very poor job of changing your writing style to disguise your new SN, Liz.
Examples:
Poor punctuation and sentence structure.
Same general views, just trying to CYA now.
Writing PC as Pc
Writing Preformance instead of performance.
Random Capitalization in your 'Sentences' (and I use the word loosely).
Writing your emphasis points in ALL CAPITALS!!!!!.

...If you do use a Mac you may want to try the built in Spell Check feature in Safari. Although maybe not, that might actually cause the system to crash on one of your posts, unless you have 8gb of RAM and dual G5s. Its cool man if you want to make a new start, but maybe you should make it less obvious that you didn't change your opinions at all. Why would you come back with a much less argumentative view (although you are still trolling, agreeing with your former self). Is it because it rang a little too close to home being called a 14 year old computer geek with nothing better to do than try to argue about how much faster his daddy's computer (or his dream computer) is over a G5? I have nothing against computer "geeks" by the way. I'm one, I'm not as knowledgeable as many people I know - but being a troll like this takes it too a new level of pathetic IMHO.

OP
A

Applerules

chronogoof89 said:
Somebody has MPD. You do a very poor job of changing your writing style to disguise your new SN, Liz.
Examples:
Poor punctuation and sentence structure.
Same general views, just trying to CYA now.
Writing PC as Pc
Writing Preformance instead of performance.
Random Capitalization in your 'Sentences' (and I use the word loosely).
Writing your emphasis points in ALL CAPITALS!!!!!.

...If you do use a Mac you may want to try the built in Spell Check feature in Safari. Although maybe not, that might actually cause the system to crash on one of your posts, unless you have 8gb of RAM and dual G5s. Its cool man if you want to make a new start, but maybe you should make it less obvious that you didn't change your opinions at all. Why would you come back with a much less argumentative view (although you are still trolling, agreeing with your former self). Is it because it rang a little too close to home being called a 14 year old computer geek with nothing better to do than try to argue about how much faster his daddy's computer (or his dream computer) is over a G5? I have nothing against computer "geeks" by the way. I'm one, I'm not as knowledgeable as many people I know - but being a troll like this takes it too a new level of pathetic IMHO.

hey I love mac G5 rules

OP
C

chronogoof89

Applerules said:
hey I love mac G5 rules

Liz said that too. LOL. Whatever dude, I think it would be cool if you came on here as a non-troll and had productive, intelligent conversations. Some of the points you make are correct, but nobody here cares. You should just leave. Come back when you have a little more maturity and can restrain yourself from making every post a pc vs apple flamebait. Heck, if you came back and acted a little more reasonable I'd probably "pretend" I didn't know who you were even if I recognized your writing "style" - just because I think everybody should have a second chance (or in your case, 3rd) as an anonymous poster to start clean.

OP
A

Applerules

chronogoof89 said:
Liz said that too. LOL. Whatever dude, I think it would be cool if you came on here as a non-troll and had productive, intelligent conversations. Some of the points you make are correct, but nobody here cares. You should just leave. Come back when you have a little more maturity and can restrain yourself from making every post a pc vs apple flamebait. Heck, if you came back and acted a little more reasonable I'd probably "pretend" I didn't know who you were even if I recognized your writing "style" - just because I think everybody should have a second chance (or in your case, 3rd) as an anonymous poster to start clean.

hey i think both mac and pc are kool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
My computer is faster, my car is faster my girlfriend is sexier, my d... is bigger.... (sorry for that one :p )

Guys, really, why are you wasting time and bandwith with such kind of stupid discussions that will never end???

This is like kindergarden...

OP
S

SexyHT

Avalon said:
My computer is faster, my car is faster my girlfriend is sexier, my d... is bigger.... (sorry for that one :p )

Guys, really, why are you wasting time and bandwith with such kind of stupid discussions that will never end???

This is like kindergarden...

Yea what he said. Hey tell me what you guys think PC's are good at some things and Apple's are good at other's their done.

OP
C

chronogoof89

SexyHT said:
Yea what he said. Hey tell me what you guys think PC's are good at some things and Apple's are good at other's their done.

Absolutely. Surely the fastest PCs are faster than G5s. I wasn't arguing about that. I was basically trying to stop that person from being a troll. I'm sure everybody here knows what he was saying, but we still choose Macs, what does that say about the OS? G5s are still super fast, more than fast enough for even the most advanced home user IMO. But you're right.

Oh and welcome to the forum. ;) ;)

OP
S

SexyHT

chronogoof89 said:
Absolutely. Surely the fastest PCs are faster than G5s. I wasn't arguing about that. I was basically trying to stop that person from being a troll. I'm sure everybody here knows what he was saying, but we still choose Macs, what does that say about the OS? G5s are still super fast, more than fast enough for even the most advanced home user IMO. But you're right.

Oh and welcome to the forum. ;) ;)

Thank you so much, I am really happy to be a part of the Mac Forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.