• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple back to school program???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2ghz macbook pro
Does anyone have an opinion on what the back to school program will in tale this summer. I"m personally hoping for a free ipod.

Reaction score
I think it will either be free office student/teacher or and ipod nano.

Reaction score
I dont remember.. I think it is all the macs, maybe not the mac mini, but I really don't remember... sorry...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
I've applied to Portsmouth Uni (UK) and they start on 1st October, which means I'll miss out on the promotion if I buy from the HE store (only accessible from Uni network) to get 15% discount and 3yr limited warranty as opposed to 7% discount from the standard education store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I've applied to Portsmouth Uni (UK) and they start on 1st October, which means I'll miss out on the promotion if I buy from the HE store (only accessible from Uni network) to get 15% discount and 3yr limited warranty as opposed to 7% discount from the standard education store.

Well...can you take a trip to the Uni on a day off and use the computer there?

O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not really, I live in the West Midlands and Portsmouth is 140 miles away!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120GB Hard Drive, 2GB memory
I know someone who works at Apple and he said they aren't sure if they're doing this kind of promotion this year, but they'll know by Tuesday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
I know someone who works at Apple and he said they aren't sure if they're doing this kind of promotion this year, but they'll know by Tuesday.

According to Mac Rumors...

"There is some speculation that Apple may be releasing MacBook Pros next week rather than at WWDC to coincide with their Educational Back to School Program which launches next week. (If Apple waited until WWDC, the MacBook Pro specs would change a week into the Back to School promotion.)"

Reaction score

If you phone the higher education store they will give you the discounts and usually offer a really good deal on AppleCare, they offered me it last year for £40 it's usually about £200 for a macbook. You may have to prove you have a place at uni, you can just email them a confirmation letter from the uni, but to be honest they probably won't ask.

The phone number can be found here:
http://store.apple.com/Catalog/uk/Images/routingpage.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, just gotta work on doing well in my upcoming exams then work to earn money to pay for the MBP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
well the answer to your questions is ....... it is a free iPod Nano

www.apple.com

Reaction score
Is it possible to use the $199 rebate on a purchase of a MB or MBP, or do they insist the rebate is used on an Ipod product if at all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Is it possible to use the $199 rebate on a purchase of a MB or MBP, or do they insist the rebate is used on an Ipod product if at all?

The rebate is specifically only for an iPod Nano or iPod Video. However, you do receive a student discount of a couple hundred bucks off a MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
oh man, i was hoping to use that 199 on accessories for my laptop, which i will buy soon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
I know that the student discount online is only 7% but I have heard from other people that if you actually go to the university that you can order from a computer there and get a 15% discount is this true? some places I read it is, others its not. And if it is true how would I know if my university offers it?

Reaction score
The back to school program has been announced on the US site but not the UK site. Does that mean they're not doing it here in the UK this year?

I found this FAQ from last year

http://www.apple.com/uk/backtoschool/faq.html

It states : 'You must buy a qualifying Mac and an iPod from the online Apple Store or an Apple Retail Store between August 1st and October 7th, 2006. '

Maybe they'll do it again this year for the same dates? It's odd that they'd do different dates from the US. Anyone know whats their intentions for the UK store and the promotion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't US schools have their summer break earlier than UK? So the UK promition would start and finish later.

In the UK, most schools finish for Summer around July and go back around September (or October for some universities).

From what I have read (I don't know if this is correct), US summer break is from May to August.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.