Apple....and shipping.....NOT a good start for a switcher!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Does Apple just naturally SUCK at shipping????

They have delayed my G5's estimated ship date FOUR times.

If this is the type of service I get for $5,500 Apple, I may re-consider my switching to the Mac.

I ordered on the 13th.....It's estimated ship date is the 4th of AUGUST, which I have no doubt, they will not fill. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't know the lead time in shipping hardware. I know for me, when it comes time to purchase something I get very, very, very, impatience. So I tend to go to the brick and mortar stores. As for your shipment you still my get it earlier than your posted ship date. Some companies just flat out and state 4 to 8 weeks for delivery. I will not be able to make you feel better. You sound like you are just as impatience as I am when purchasing new hardware.

If this is not a custom order and you have an Apple store nearby. You just might want to go by there and see if one is available.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is a custom order.

Although even as a custom order (see specs on left) I simply don't believe it should take more than 2 weeks, let alone a month im my case...!!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacFixIt said:
IBM still "recovering" from 90nm transition An IDG News Service article covers IBM's struggles to transition from older chip technology to the newer 90-nanometer processors, and the impact on Apple: "Second-quarter yields did not appear to be enough to satisfy Apple's demand for both Power Mac systems and new iMac systems. Apple had hoped to have new iMac systems based on the PowerPC 970FX chip available around the time it announced the delay in early July. Apple blamed IBM, citing manufacturing problems for delays in the new iMac introduction as well as the availability of Power Mac systems that were announced in June."
:( :(

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you so much rman!!!

Previously I had thought that it was Apple's fault that I am waiting so long, but now I know it just because of the new processor size, and nothing to do with Apple.

Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
It is in a sense and if you talked to them I am sure you could probably get some extra memory, or something like that.. if not then you're right back where you started. :)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
(On a totally unrelated note: Do you have Return to Castle Wolfenstein, AJW? Because I have it all this week, and I haven no one to kick my behind...)

It sucks not getting what you want when you want. I had to beg for a few years before going from my 400 MHz iMac too this.

T

The mac 13

ApplejustWorks said:

If this is the type of service I get for $5,500 Apple, I may re-consider my switching to the Mac.

I ordered on the 13th.....It's estimated ship date is the 4th of AUGUST, which I have no doubt, they will not fill. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i think that you shd go to the store that u odered it and make a big fuss and threathened to complain to some big authority.. :D

C

cardwellm

It's soooo worth the wait! I just switched a few months ago and there's no looking back (and this is from a serious PC user).

ApplejustWorks said:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I would never order RAM from Apple, and pretty much everything they usually have in stock at my local Apple store. So, when I buy my next Mac it will be straight from the store. I can't stand long waits for new toys...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Osiris22x said:
I would never order RAM from Apple, and pretty much everything they usually have in stock at my local Apple store. So, when I buy my next Mac it will be straight from the store. I can't stand long waits for new toys...

I'm with you. I don't like to wait when I am buying new stuff.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
got my g5 today...had a faulty superdrive, and the fans were going full blast...brought it to the apple store, they took it, and they told me in one week it would be in perfect condition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Oh my. That sucks big time.

Good luck...

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The apple store called today...They discovered(after they replaced the superdrive) that the defective superdrive had caused the system voltage to increase, therefore making the fans noisier. The voltage affected the entire system, and now, they are sending me a replacement in 1-3 weeks.

Well, I guess I really can't blame Apple... Accidents happen, and my computer passing Quality Control was an accident. Apple is, after all, doing everything they can do resolve these problems, and I guess I'm happy that I get a bran-spanking new one, instead of a repaired-one. :rolleyes:

...What can I say...I still love apple and their products, and their customer service representatives have been a pleasure to negotiate with compared to Dell's(Dull) customer service representatives who all sound like their on crack..... :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Join the club...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.