App Store - Pages, Numbers update notification

Reaction score
I am perfectly content using Pages and Number from iWork '09 and refuse to update to the new versions. Is there a way to selectively turn off the update option for these in App Store? Ever since I upgraded to Yosemite, every time I click the Apple Icon, I see the "3" looming as though I haven't updated something I should have.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Don't pass them up. Updating does not remove the iWork 09 Pages, Numbers, and Keynote application from your hard drive nor does it overwrite them. The update moves them to a new folder called iWork 09 and then installs the new Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps. You can continue to use the older versions if you wish and at the same time have the newer ones in reserve. If you ever intend to use the mobile versions of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, you will need the newer versions to use on your Mac in order to be compatible with the mobile versions. (iCloud versions.)

OP
E
Reaction score
I had installed them on Mavericks but deleted them after I kept having problems with files opening with them instead of the older versions of the apps. Even when I selected to have all file types ".pages", etc to open with the old versions. Was too much of a hassle and the new versions of the apps was garbage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.