app cleaner for catalina

Reaction score
Hello. Please, I have to delete all the adobe cc 2019 but with adobe unistaller it gives me errors and it fails. I updated yesterday to Catalina 10.15.6 and before installing the adobe cc 2020 I have to delete the cc 2019, but as I wrote, I can't. Do you have to recommend my best program for Catalina 10.15.6 to identify all the tracks and the various files depending on the various Adobe apps? A Cleaner to delete all files associated with a program. I installed iMyMac Cleaner but it gives me an error ... Another Cleaner? Many thanks for your time. Cordial greetings. Bruno

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Check these out:

OP
B
Reaction score
Many thanks for your advice: I had already tried and it gave me an error, so I was looking for a general cleaner. I chose AppCleaner, hoping it doesn't mess around. When I'm done, might it be useful to reboot with the keyboard combination to update VRam or might it be useful to run S.O.S Disk or some similar operation?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Yes, Bruno, App Cleaner is a favourite of mine and generally well respected. It will uninstall the app and seek out all, or most, of the other stuff that is associated with the app. Then delete the lot. It's easy to use.

You go into Applications and Open App Cleaner. Then Drag the Adobe app or Apps into the App Cleaner Window. It will do the rest. When done, click delete.

Ian

OP
B
Reaction score
Yes Ian, this is good :)) Thanks a lot for your opinions on my question. Best regards. Bruno

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And if the app cleaners do not find everything and there is a problem because of it, we recommend using an app to search for what has been left over:

EasyFind.app (free software and very effective)

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Except..... Find Any File is no longer free and does not do anything that EasyFind does not do. Sorry Rod and Patrick, but I will continue to recommend EasyFind over Find Any File. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I'm with Charlie on this one. EasyFind is my go-to finder. I do have FAF, but much prefer EasyFind. But either one works.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I too have both but I'm pretty sure FAF2 was a free update as I already had the earlier version long before I knew of EasyFind.
PS. I did make a small donation though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Except..... Find Any File is no longer free and does not do anything that EasyFind does not do. Sorry Rod and Patrick, but I will continue to recommend EasyFind over Find Any File. ;)
I'm with Charlie on this one. EasyFind is my go-to finder. I do have FAF, but much prefer EasyFind. But either one works.

I find Find Any File to be quite a bit faster on my system, but also use EasyFind for some searches.

Personally, I would say that both apps are good apps to have and use.

Actually, I can't believe I'm using Spotlight a bit more than I used to, and I don't always refer to it as Stoplight as I used to, Some of its "Finding" methods seem to be a bit quirky, and take a bit of learning.

- Patrick
=======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually, I can't believe I'm using Spotlight a bit more than I used to, and I don't always refer to it as Stoplight as I used to, Some of its "Finding" methods seem to be a bit quirky, and take a bit of learning.

Spotlight has its uses. If you're a seasoned Spotlight user and know all its intricacies, it can be an effective search tool. The problem with Spotlight is it's more difficult to do complex searches. EasyFind and Find Any File are very easy to use compared to Spotlight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Spotlight has its uses. If you're a seasoned Spotlight user and know all its intricacies, it can be an effective search tool. The problem with Spotlight is it's more difficult to do complex searches. EasyFind and Find Any File are very easy to use compared to Spotlight.

Thanks for the support Charlie, and I am glad to know it's not just me that finds Spotlight rather quirky. It seems so typical of the way Apple seems to do so many things lately, unfortunately.

- Patrick
=======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Patrick:

When in doubt about how technical and complex the instructions are that Apple has, just ask your grandkids to interpret them for you! :rofl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Patrick:

When in doubt about how technical and complex the instructions are that Apple has, just ask your grandkids to interpret them for you! :rofl

There is certainly a fair bit of truth to that Charlie, and I may have to call them to get our Yamaha Audio receiver sound system working with our new Samsung smart TV via the optical cable connection. It was working but for some reason, I can't get it all working again and I cannot find any reason why not. But it does work when my wife uses either of her iDevices and her Spotify account and software and a few other examples, but not with all TV programs. It's driving me nuts!!!

It all worked beautifully with our older two year old Samsung Smart TV before it went kaput a few weeks ago, and most online help is basically useless except for basic stuff and a few secret fixes.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I too have both but I'm pretty sure FAF2 was a free update as I already had the earlier version long before I knew of EasyFind.
PS. I did make a small donation though.

I used to use EasyFind and have no beefs with it, but a year or so ago I decided to try FAF more thoroughly and wound up buying it. I think it was a bit faster and maybe slightly more capable? In any event, I liked the more minimal UI and for 6 lousy dollars, I decided it was worth it to help support him.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.