App Cleaner and Uninstaller

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Threads merged - no need for another thread about the same topic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
My Icon doesn't look like this?

That's because your two application cleaners and their different icons are completely different and Commercial, IE paid for, applications, one of which does more cleaning of other theoretically surplus files.
You can read about them here and elsewhere, but personally, I would take some of Macworld's comments with several large grains of salt and I wonder if they get paid for some of their reviews:

The Mac application cleaner that most members as well as myself recommend using, is the FREE App Cleaner.app that you can download from here:

It is quite capable of doing what it is intended to do and is well recommended by most Mac users.

The price charged for the two different commercial applications you have seems excessive to many of us and I would add are dubious whether it is needed to do all the extra things the developer says they do, but your choice if you want to pay for them and use them I guess. I would say they are both overkill and especially overpriced.

My two bits worth, even if the Canadian quarter is somewhat devalued. ;-)

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
And another who regards AppCleaner as a terrific app. Although I stated this umpteen posts ago.:)

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.